cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Graphics and model nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to bind a business graphics UI element in Java WebDynpro to a model node or does it have to be a value node?

Thanks,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ravindra_bollapalli2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Refer SAP Library at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e5/08b6eb35637a44830b9e6df22987aa/content.htm

I feel it should be possible with model node too as it only requires the structure at design time & you should have the logic to get the values filled up in the model node during runtime (though the link talks about value node/attribute only)

Kind Regards,

Nitin

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes , If if perfect to serve the requirement of Businness Graphics UI Element.

It would be suggested that keep model node and value node separate .

Besr Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, fill value nodes based on given model nodes and bind the value nodes to the UI element. Would this be the suggestion?

Thanks,

Michael

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

exactly!

many ways to do this

1.U can use WDCopyService(Source ,Target) here Source : return node of model data

Target : Your temporary value node which bound to BG.

Note : Each time when ever model data get updated(CRUD) u have to call this node.

2. Use Mapping type node and bind it to BG ui element exe : when we create any node It has 4 options one of them is Mapping select this and provide the model node

(mapping of node with model node is replica of the content there in model node, here u don't have to worry about updated content since its replica and get changed eveytime when model operations is performed)

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, that sounds good.

Just two additional questions: I didn't find a node of type Mapping. Is this a feature in CE 7.1? I am working with NW 7.0.

Actually the model node doesn't exactly fit the requirements to show the data in a chart. That's why it makes sense to generate a value node using the model node. But I do need some transformation, which means a simple mapping does not help here. I guess this should be a method in the component controller, right?

Thanks,

Michael

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Ya sorry to mention it is there in ce .

Since we have to process model data so it best to put it in Component controller in some method transform/process it.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar