cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to File without using the Integration Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone tell if simple File to File hamper the overall performance of XI server, file to file without IR. Please check this blog:

How to send any data (even binary) through XI, without using the Integration Repository

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Thanks in advance

Ravijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone tell if simple File to File hamper the overall performance of XI server, file to file without IR - No performance issue, XI can very happily deal with File to File scenarios provided you do not give source file whose size is in GB

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Mar 17, 2009 10:40 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Could anyone tell if simple File to File hamper the overall performance of XI server

It will only improve the performance since there is no mapping provided you file is not of bigger size.

Also read through the comments in the blog on discussion about this scenario vs ftp proxy.

Thanks,

SaNv...

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Could anyone tell if simple File to File hamper the overall performance of XI server, file to file without IR. Please check this blog:

>

> How to send any data (even binary) through XI, without using the Integration Repository

>

> /people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

>

>

> Thanks in advance

> Ravijeet

with the blog, you can send any type of file without any IR content. since mapping is not involved it helps in a tremendous performance increase.

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did this Simple File To File Scenario Without IR It is working fine for me..........

I followed this link..........

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/xi/filetofilewithoutusingwithIntegration+Repository

Just tell me what problem you are facing.......

Thanks.