cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap script - layout depending printer. Why ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello expert,

I developed a form with sap script, it's ok, it run ok for many printer. Anyway, now there's a problem for

other printer: I mean that for some printer the print is ok, for some other printer the print is incorrect ( some line miss, character font different, etc etc) and for many other printer there's not print. How is possible that for many printer all is OK, and for other print there's a problem ?

How can I investigate a problem ?

Tks a lot,

bye.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

scripts are printer dependant, the layout of the script is determined and formatted at printer end unlike smartforms where it happens at sap end thats why script output is printer dependant and layout gets disturbed on different printers, hence scripts are designed keeping a certain printer in view where it is actually going to be printed and entire design and testing is done for that printer only.

Check for the fonts installed on the printers where the problem is occuring.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Edited by: kartik tarla on Mar 17, 2009 2:58 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do the different printers use different device types (check txn: SPAD)? This is one area where the SAPScript developer and the BASIS team often need to work together (or in my case be the same person).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Convert your scriptoutput to a PDF and print the PDF.

If the output is changed into a PDF the output is no longer printer dependant.

Gr., Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

The printer is not supporting the fonts and page settings for which you want to take the printout

Check with the basis team for the settings

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1.Check the printer settings in the SPAD .Lets know about the character font ,adjustments ..etc.

2.The details about the SPAD and SP01.

SPAD is for Spool Administration

To configure the printers,

To define the access meathods,

For installation check of printers.

SP01 is for Monitoring the spool requests,

Benefits

here the data can be viewed before the data gets printed,

spool request can be stored to print for 10 years,

The spool request can be printed with change parameters,

This request can be forwarded to any other users (SAP user work Processs)

Regards,

Shiva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Depending on the printer, your page settings change a lot. So if ur trying to test your form on various printers, then make sure you have all these settings same in all of the printers. For ex : Page formats may vary depending on printers, depending on the page formats then the page breaks wud also vary.

Just check your print previews. If thats right, then leave the rest on the printer. You cant do much abt it

in your development.

Thanks

Nayan