cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services in PI 7.1 with SSL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I exposed on PI 7.1 some web services and I need to encode their SOAP messages. Can you help me please with the best approach? I assume using SSL would be the right thing. CAn you please provide me some link or hint how to set up SSL for WS in PI 7.1? Or if you know another solution, can you please let me know?

Thanks a lot,

Olian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since you are working in PI7.1, i will advise you to go for WS adapter using WSRM which is better than SOAP - but for using this, you will have to ask your basis guys to enable WS-Runtime in your PI 7.1 system and also SAML which is used by WS adapter.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

thanks for your answer, but mu client wants to use the SSL. Can you please let me know how to seti it up on PI 7.1? They are using AE for WS communication.

Olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys, can anybody give me any hint?

Thanks a lot,

olian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Okay......so you want to use SOAP over HTTPS which is HTTP over SSL.......so for this thing, you will have to ask your basis guys to enable HTTPS service on your PI server and then open a port for it in PI server.........maybe your basis guys need to import some SSL certificate in the PSE of your PI system using transaction STRUST........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you go through [Transport Layer Security on the AS Java|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/bc/2ee9a2d023d64eac961745ea2cb503/frameset.htm]?

The steps needed to configure SSL are explained there.

Regards,

Sergio

Answers (0)