cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Auto-refresh feature available for tables in web dyn pro???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement as explained below..

There is a table which has few rows, which are populated on launch of a particular screen..now table needs to be refreshed without reloading of page or press of a button (i.e without any user action)..

is there any fearure in Web dyn pro which facilitates this requirement???

Thanks in advance..

thanks & Regards,

Hampanna Kamatar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hampanna Kamatar,

There is no auto-refresh feature available in WebDynpro. You have to refresh the table with some action otherwise the table data does not get refreshed.

Thanks & Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hampanna,

I guess you can use the TimerTrigger. This will be useful in your case.

The TimedTrigger UI element is used to execute a controller action periodically with a defined delay.

TimedTrigger is currently invisible (like InvisibleElement), thus it ignores both its tooltip and its visibility. Nevertheless it occupies a cell in certain layouts like MatrixLayout. To use a timed trigger, you have to assign an action to the onAction event and set the delay property to the desired delay in seconds.

There are several ways to turn off a timed trigger. The most convenient way is to disable the assigned action (like you would do with a button). Other possibilities are setting the delay to 0 or disabling the timed trigger like any other UI element.

Caution: Triggering the action rudely interrupts user interactions!

So what you can do is asign a action and write the code to reload teh data in that action. Set the delay you require in seconds. In case later you want to switch of the timer you can easily do that.

Check these API:

http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/current/wdr/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/clientserver/uielib/standard/api/...

I hope this will solve your issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravesh