cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space between Views in a Viewset with Gridlayout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Application consists view containing a viewset in Gridlayout with 2 columns and 1 row. I have embeded 2 views in it namely LeftView and RightView. When I deploy the application, I get LeftView and RightView separated by lot of space.

I want LeftView followed by RightView with no space in between. How can I remove the space in between the two views?

Thanks.

Regards,

Suresh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would forget about the viewset and use a normal view containing two ViewContainerUIElement instances "Left" and "Right".

Create a TransparentContainer "C" with MatrixLayout, set stretchedHorizontally=false.

Add "Left", "Right" to "C", give "Left" a MatrixHeadData and "Right" a MatrixData object as layout data.

Set cellDesign=padless in the MatrixData.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

The RightView contains many standard LinkToUrls shown in a single column. My project consists of around 8 views and in all the views I have to show these standard URLs.

Now if I use your logic, I have to create "Right" in every view.

The advantage of using viewset is that that LeftView can be dynamic and the RightView can be Standard for all the views.

Regards,

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For reusing a view, you can create a WD component and embed instances of that component.

Unfortunately, viewsets have not the degree of layout flexibility as views with individual VCUIElements.

Armin