cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving ftp files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any option of archiving ftp files whenever I processed successfully.

ie how come I know that the file successfully processed and how come I should archive the file when it successfully processed.

Thanks in advance ..

Regards,

venu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

The File adapter archives a File that is successfully read by file adapter.

But if ur requirement is to archive the file when it's sucessfully processed then you will have to go for some other option.

It depends on the Business requirement that you have.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

My business requirement is whenever i successfully processed file , that file need to be archived.

Regards,

venu.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Some hints

<i>>>>>>My business requirement is whenever i successfully processed file , that file</i>

According to XI, if your input file is picked up successfully by the File Adapter, then it is successful and it will archive the same ( as per the File Adapter configuration)

If you meant, successful of your complete scenario, then you may need to build a logic of Sync. communication/Acknowledgement concept.

If you want to archive the file after successful completion of your scenario, then you may end up with passing the file as it is , througout the process,and once it the process success, you can get the response from the your target and then send the original file to archive directory. You can acheive this with the help of BPM.

If you describe your end-to-end scenario, then it will be better.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

How normally XI will be used for the archiving files ?

This is a discussion in my project. I told them that whenever I pickup the file from ftp with file adapter concept i can archive it.

what they are saying is after successful processing the file u archive it.

I hope this can be done at target end right?

means at consumtion point we can find whether the file is processed correctly or not (assuming File-to-file scenario)

regards,

venu

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

The normal Archiving in XI means-

Files that have been successfully processed are moved to an archive directory. It means, once XI process the file (File system->File Adapter->Integration Engine) it is successful.

<i>***what they are saying is after successful processing the file u archive it.</i>

I think, they meant about complete success of entire process (i.e end to end). If so you need todo in the receiver side only.

If it is a File to File Scenario, if you want, file to be archived, after successful of file transfer, then you can do this using BPM and in the send step ( send the message with Acknowledgement option) so that if there is any network error/FTP is down etc , it will give negative acknowledgement, and you can route accordingly.

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Moorthy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

this should be possible with two receiveres and QoS "Exactly once in Order".

Receiver no 1 is your real destination. Receiver no 2 is your archiv. When XI can't send the file to receiver no 1, XI will not send it to receiver no 2.

I havent tested it, but it should work

Regards

Herbert