Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not found in \sapmnt\trans\tmp

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Some of my transports are failing with return code = 12 with logs similar to the following:

1 ETP199X######################################

1 ETP162 EXECUTION OF REPORTS AFTER PUT

1 ETP101 transport order : "<transport request #>"

1 ETP102 system : "<SID>"

1 ETP108 tp path : "tp"

1 ETP109 version and release : "340.16.37" "640"

1 ETP198

4 ETP141 Temporary log file "
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\tmp\<file>.<SID>" not found.

1 ETP162 EXECUTION OF REPORTS AFTER PUT

1 ETP110 end date and time : "20090314042021"

1 ETP111 exit code : "12"

1 ETP199 ######################################

As a temporary workaround, I copy a file from the
<hostname>\sapmnt\trans\tmp directory and rename it to the filename being looked for and rerun the import in STMS. So far, it works.

My question is why does this happen and how can I prevent it from always happening? I already performed checks in STMS (transport directory, connection test, transport tool, transport routes) and everything seems fine.

Please advise.

Thanks,

regina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apply latest tp and R3trans patch version.

Regards,

Sachin Rane.

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for your reply. Can you explain the root cause of this issue? Also, is there a documentation that says that the latest tp and R3trans patch version is the way to go? I might need to justify this so a document will be helpful

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Please check whether you have enough space in the directory, sometimes you get this kind of error due to this as well.

Also try updating tp and R3trans as said in the earlier post.

I guess there is no such document which speaks about the error and the remedy for it. You just have to try, anyway updating your R3trans and tp will not harm anything since they are upward compatible.

Regards,

Yoganand.V

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the help! The problem is not resolved completely but often, changing permissions work. At other times, we still create the missing file or rename an existing file in the directory into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear

As mentioned by previous post u may go for tp and r3 updates that will be consistent,generally this type of error occurs when application is unable to write a file on OS level which may be due to Directory full or permission issue pls check disk space and permission i guess it will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the file permissions too when you are getting this error message.

Hope this helps.

Manoj