cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem in displayting currency field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on Proforma invoice smartformm.i.e. related to billing document. Here I am getting amount as XX.XXX,00 format. USer profile is set as XX,XXX.00 only. Please let me know how it's taking another format in the display.Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just given an example country key as 'IN' .

However, you need to check as per the process of printing the billing document whether the decimal formats have to be determined by the receiver's country key or the sender's country key.

If the bill-to-party ( RE ) of the billing document is from US then the country key would be picked as 'US'.

And the US decimal formats would be correct.

If you print program is designed such a way then it is fine.

Moreover, if you only have to change just before the currency filed and set it back then you need to write program lines as mentioned in my earlier reply.

example :

SET COUNTRY 'US'.

display the field node.

SET COUNTRY 'IN'.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

actually my client needs to display the format in XX,XXX.00 only. If I give SET COUNTRY 'IN' in INITIALIZATION of Global definitions, it's working fine.Thank you.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The other possibility is the receiver's country settings to whom the billing document is to be sent.

Check in the billing document for the country key as the print program finally would change the decimal formats and the date formats per the receiver's country settings.

Incase you need the desired format then in the smartforms use a program line and in that write.

SET COUNTRY 'IN'.

Where 'IN' represents the country key.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ram,

actually the amount is in USD.That's why this problem is coming it seems. If I set country to IN, will it effect the later calculation part of smartform? How can I reset it to previous country format after the amount field?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See when you see the output you are getting as XX.XXX,00 format and the user when sees the output it is like XX,XXX.00 format right.

The decimal format depends on the user's country settings.

If you change the decimal format in your settings to XX,XXX.00 format in SU3 then you will get the output as XX,XXX.00 format only.

Incase of any further query please let me know.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ram,

In profile, it's set currectly only. I am not facing this problem in any other smartforms. Only in this print, this problem persists.When I am debugging the value is stored correctly in the variable. But before displaying it's converting into other format.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The date format and the decimal format are set per the country.

Hence, please check your user settings through SU3 in the default tab and that of the concerned user through SU01D.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ram,

date and ecimal formats are correct only. I am facing problem in this smartform only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if there is FM to achieve this....

Search SDN with the keyword Currency Display