cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u00D8 DB Time takes long time after migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have time out error in my background job. i see the status in st03 the DB Time take big time

Trans/Rep. : ZFISLRR009

Background Job Z_ZFISLRR009_TPJOB_DAILY

1. Steps 1

T Response Time 3,740

Ø Time 3,739,819.0

T CPU~ 5

Ø CPU~ 5,340.0

T DB Time 1,933

Ø DB Time 1,932,983.0

But when I run this job again in the morning it is fine. This error occurred since i migrate my system from Solaris/Oracle 9 to HP-UX/Oracle 10. In the old system with lower spec hardware everything was okay.

Any idea why it's happened or what database configuration should i consider after migration?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks,

Aswin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

> I see the status in st03 the DB Time take big time

Yes you are correct, that is your problem.

> But when I run this job again in the morning it is fine

Maybe your I/O subsystem is very slow and mostly of the needed buffers are still in the buffer cache or dynamic sampling is done, etc...

> This error occurred since i migrate my system from Solaris/Oracle 9 to HP-UX/Oracle 10. In the old system with lower spec hardware everything was okay.

I am quite sure, that the execution plan of the SQL statement(s) has changed. This is not unusual if you upgrade to a newer database release.

> Any idea why it's happened or what database configuration should i consider after migration?

• Oracle 10g Parameter: Sapnote #830576

• Oracle 10g Patches: Sapnote #1137346

• Oracle 10g Statistics: Sapnote #838725

I think that these notes are the important ones. If you have done all these things, then you have to go into deeper analysis (as i can see that this is a Z-Report you won't get support by SAP).

Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)