cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic File Name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a requirement to generate file name dynamically in the receiver end.

Ex: 1) x0000u_test (File Naming convention where 0000 is incremented either sequence or randomly

*any one of them **preferred random *) .

2) x0001u_test

3) x0002u_test

Rules: None of these values are there in the payload.

File name scheme is alphanumeric.

Points to be noted ** Cannot be done in the standard adapter using ADD COUNTER as it has suffix elements attached.

Assumption: Variable substitution will not work either as values are not being generated from payload.

Blogs referred. /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

Can anyone else throw in some more ideas Or a bit of code for lil more clarity.

User defined function is the only way out ?

Thanking in adv.

Regards,

***Raj***

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

See this link..It will really help you..........

/people/jayakrishnan.nair/blog/2005/06/20/dynamic-file-name-using-xi-30-sp12-part--i

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gone through that too .....drawback being pre requisites mentioned.

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks jyothi its juz another version of michael blog as mentioned in the intial post.

It will be udf with a bit of modification to the code logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I have the same requirement as you have explained above. If you remember could you please explain me how did you solve this issue.

Regards,

Ganapathi.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Can u try to write some UDF which uses current time? so that the value changes (like a random number) every time we execute the scenario and the values will be unique, can be used later for file name generation using variable substitution.In this case we dont need any payload.Prior to that create some field on the target side to capture the value from UDF and to divert to Variable in Receiver commmunication channel.

Thanks,

Ram.