Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM in Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

In my scenario, the requirement is like this,

I am adding FG1 in project which has say 10 raw materials viz. Raw1, Raw2, Raw3.....and so on Raw10.

Now Raw3 is supplied by three different vendors (leads to three different part numbers like Raw3.1, Raw3.2 and Raw3.3)

Similarly Raw5 is supplied by four different vendors (Raw5.1, Raw5.2, Raw5.3 and Raw5.4)

Questions -

1) If I dont want to make unnecessarily several BOMs of FG1with different permutations and combinations of Raw3 and Raw5, what should I mention in BOM??

2) What requirement will be generated after running MRP

3) Also I dont know, who will be my final supplier for Raw3 and Raw5.....it gets finalized after negotiations with vendor (this process is not mapped in SAP)......then for which part number I should generate requirement during MRP run on project.

Suppose I generate requirement for Raw3.1 at start and during negotiation it gets finalized that Raw3.2 to be used, how can I tackle these changes.

Please help me out in sorting these issues....how can I do this through PS.

Your valuable inputs will be blessed with full marks.

Regards,

Parimal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

are you trying to say that for a particular material (say Raw3) you still subdivide it into different materials (Raw3.1, Raw3.2, Raw3.3) even if it is the same material? just so that you can give to different vendors?

i think you just need to maintain 1 material and input total required quantity..

then create several PO to different vendor to satisfy your needs...

in MRP it will suggest either PR or planned order but you can still change the quantity and vendor when you create the PO...

regards..