cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends

I have created free goods using condition type NA00, material xyd, min qty 10, from 05, en ea, are free goods 1, ad: ea and saved. I created free goods for exclusion and Inclusion. After that i created sales order. for the same customer and same material. order qty 10, system should aumatically create main item and sub-item, which is not happening. Please tell me what's wrong from my side.

Thanks

Dave

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Free goods are configured by condition technique and pricing procedure. A small note on this will help you.

Maintaining records for inclusive free goods

Logistics->Sales and distribution->Master data-->Conditions>Free goods->VBN1 create

Specify the free goods discount type NA00

Select the required key combination

Material: Specifies the material for which free goods are given.

Minimum quantity: Specifies the minimum quantity of the material that has to be ordered in order to get free goods.

From: Specifies the quantity from which free goods starts.

Unit of measure: Unit of measure of material.

Are free goods: Specifies the quantity of free goods given to the customer.

Calculation rule: Specifies the rule for calculating the quantity of free goods.

Free goods: Specifies whether the records are maintained for inclusive or exclusive free goods.

Free goods delivery control: Specifies whether free goods are to be delivered regardless of the main item or in conjunction with the main item.

Save the condition record.

Maintaining records for exclusive free goods:

Logistics->Sales and distribution->Master data->Conditions>Free goods-->VBN1 create

Specify the discount type for free goods NA00

Select the required key combination

Select the button exclusive.

Additional free goods: Equal to "are free goods" in inclusive

For: Equal to "From" in inclusive.

Free goods: inclusive/exclusive.

Additional material free goods: Specify the material which is given as free of charge item.

Free goods delivery control:

Note: 1. Inclusive free goods take 10 as 9+1.

Exclusive free goods take 10 as 10+1.

2. In exclusive free goods if required we can give the same material as free of charge item.

3. *Free goods concept is based on condition technique.

SPRO->Sales and distribution>Basic functions>Free goods>Condition technique for free goods--->Maintain condition tables

(After defining condition tables you have to place in Access sequence)

Maintain Access sequence

Maintain condition type.

Go to New entries and define the condition type to which assign the access sequence.

Maintain Pricing procedure

Activate free goods determination.

We need to assign the free goods procedure to the combination of sales area, doc pri pro, and cust pri pro.

To make the value of free of charge item as '0', in the main pricing procedure, we have to take the condition type R100.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very Swami, problem solved

Again thanks

Dave

satejgholap
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi everyone,

actualy i needed some help as i m configuring the free goods. Actually the scenario is that lets say have 3 materials A, B & C. we need to give B & C as free on the purchase of material A. can ne1 guide me on doing the same. in exclusive method we can give 1 different material on the other, but in this case i need to give 2 different materials... pls guide.....

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

1. Free goods are those goods that are given as additional goods to the goods that you purchase

Inclusive: If you are ordering for 10 Beer Bottles, Here you pay for 8 bottles and the rest two are obtained as free goods . Here the free good are part of your purchasing goods. Moreover the Free goods should be the same to that of the ordered goods.

Exclusive: If you are ordering for a coffe vending machine, you get 1kg of coffe powder as free goods. Added to your purchased goods you get additional goods as free.It is not necessary the additional goods must be the same.

2. These are two different scenarios under free goods.

so applying the same Free goods Inclusive as well as Exclusive should be avoided in the same scenario moreover it is not logical.

3. According to the example that you have given Have you mentioned "Pro rata" i.e., you will have to use this coulmn as well as "Free Goods" Column you will have to enter depending on the scenario you use. (you have not mentioned in the question)

4. Free goods Pricing procedure - you customize a scenario of fee goods and you want to mainatin it sperately then you carry out the "Condition Technique" Process.

There is also an additional process wherein you have inclusive free goods without item generation. Each process has its own siginificance.

In your case you are trying to use two scenario's at the same time. Avoid it.

Regards

Sathya

skrishen9
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

please Check your settings in VOV4. Whether the proper assignment is there or not .

The assignment should be in this format.

OR NORM TAN TANN

OR NORM TANN TANN

Hope it will help you

thanks

Sushant

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry i correct myself.. condition ytpe is R100... for free goods... with right atl con base value 28.. and req 55.

regards

suresh sangoju

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear,

u can not have both inclusive and exclusive at the same time for a material.

check with one.

and once again reconcile whether free goods item category is determined in the sales order... if not have proper item ctegory determinations.

check ur pricing procedure... see to it that u have RD00 condition type in there...

hope it helps...

regards

suresh sangoju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following setting one by one

1. item category determination table (t.code vov5) ornormnil+nil=tan

ornormfree+tam=tann

2. check cond records (vbn2)

3. check pricing procedure whether requirements are assigned or not

4. check customization settings