cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Universe using multiple datasource?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to create a Universe that connects to multiple databases.

We we know the limitation of Universe " It can connect to only one datasource"

We have some data that resides on DB2 table. We have some data that reside on SQL Server table. One way of doing this would be to create two universe, one that connects to SQL Server and one that connects to DB2. Then create a report that synchronize the data from the two universe. But performance wise, this will not be a good option.

The option is layered Universe. But it has its own limitation that the two datasource must of of same type. Correct me if I am wrong.

Is there a way I can fulfill the requirements? Please post any links to documentation if there is any.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your purpose, I suggest that you use Data Federator in order to create a multi-source database.

Then Data Federator will build a virtual database based on your different multi-sources.

Last you just have to create a universe based on the Data Federator connection (ODBC or JDBC): the universe will see this connection as a single data sourcewhereas it is a multiple data sources connection.

Didier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Didier.

I looked at the documentation on Data Federator. It looks like it will provide what we have been looking for.

fvan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello

This post describes how to create [Multi-source Universe|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13255] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; using Data Federator.

Hope this helps,

Fred

Answers (0)