cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital Project Settlement Rule for lower WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

At my present client, for Investment projects the client want to settle top level WBS to AUC and capitalise it. So ideally the cost from lower level WBS should flow to top WBS. I am using substitution to remove investment profile from lower WBS.My concern is how do I auto populate the settlement rule for lower WBS to top WBS. I am aware about settlement strategy and OSS note 211324 (however dont want to implement this note)

The appraoch I am looking for is using "WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE' BAdI . However this BADI calls for strategy and I could not maintain the required strategy (settlement to top WBS). Is there some BADI/Function module available which can be called for updating the settlement rules on lower WBS while saving or Release ? Can I make use of exits in Substitution?

Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the only available ones you do not want to use so you will need to do development

also I do not understand why you want to roll up costs to the top level (I know that it is best practice)

but you can settle from the lower to AuC with the investment profile on the lower levels. This will also allow you to split your final assets to a different asset lass represented by eac lower level WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra. I agrree the only approach is development. But I need to give inputs to my developer.

We tried with BADI "WBS_SETTLEMENT_RULE" but it didnt work as it calls strategy in configuration.

So I am checking for some other options for e.g "WORKBREAKDOWN_UPDATE" which is called during save or Fn modules K_SETTLEMENT_RULE_FILL or K_SETTLEMENT_RULE_SAVE which I can use. This is a client requirement to create AUC only at top level n all cost to be rolled up to superior WBS n then settle to AUC.

The other option I was thinking is of using exits thru substitution.

What will be the best approach?

Thanks

Sarang

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why are you not using the development from OSS note for WBS settlement strategy to settle to superior WBS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

can try that option , but not sure as the OSS note talks about modification to tables V_TKB2_1 & V_TKB2_2 and domain change SRG_KONTY, whihc will affect my startegy configuartion and then I hav to run CJB2

I am not sure how the "Z" development will work with above logic as I am calling startegy at end when i run CJB2 and activate settlement BADI.

Thanks

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i have done in the past and have had no problems

get the strategy in and then use the BADI