cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREMDM and DEBMDM via Proxy/BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone used a BAPI/proxy interface for customer and vendor master data instead of IDoc? If so could i get some pointers on where to start or some things that need to be done to make this happen? My scenario is File from MDM and want to use proxy/BAPI to R/3. Hope i am makeing sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrick,

There is MDM Content readily available for intergration , just use it

what is the ECC system version u r using

If u know about the content , can u please lemme know why u went for own written proxies

rgds

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Derrik,

there are some BAPI's but I would never use a BAPI when an Idoc is available.

The reason is that the idoc gives you the change to monitor messages in error, reprocess them and so on (like you can do from transaction WE05), instead for BAPI's you do not have these options and you cannot see the result of your operation after you have done it.

Regarding proxies, there is nothing standard in R/3 to send customer/vendors, but in ERP 604 you have the [SupplierERPCreateRequest_In|http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19515001A64D3F462&id=36BA3D85092411DC5A11000F20FCB6A9] ES for Vendors, for customer you have [CustomerERPCreateRequestConfirmation_In|http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?packageid=DE0426DD9B0249F19515001A64D3F462&id=E9F7B718706E11DA36BB000F20DAC9EF], which unfortunately is synch ES.

By the way, why you do not want to use DEBMAS and CREMAS?

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use a bapi for our material master data. The processing time is faster and we use feedback messages for reporting errors back to MDM. As you know when you send CREMDM it sends CREMAS and ADRMAS. It sends ADRMAS first every time. There is an issue we are having with getting Dup ADRC entries. We think we can resolve this by using a BAPI. Are we right or wrong, I don't know it is just a way we think we can resolve some of our issues when using the IDoc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> We use a bapi for our material master data. The processing time is faster and we use feedback messages for reporting errors back to MDM.

The idoc calls the same BAPI's and you can set up standard acknowledgments to be sent back to MDM.

> As you know when you send CREMDM it sends CREMAS and ADRMAS. It sends ADRMAS first every time. There is an issue we are having with getting Dup ADRC entries. We think we can resolve this by using a BAPI. Are we right or wrong, I don't know it is just a way we think we can resolve some of our issues when using the IDoc.

I do not think changing the technology will fix the issue, it looks to me like a mapping problem, if the idoc is correctly created but records are duplicated in the backend then it's better to look for a OSS note or open a message.

Regards,

Sergio