cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yikes! Clickable charts..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in the process of converting some .NET web apps over to EP6 using the .NET PDK for a client. However, I've run into a major snag.

Many of the web apps here involve dotnetCHARTING component which is a clickable chart component. We've used the standard workaround listed in the .NET PDK documentation and gotten charts to render in .NET iViews as bitmap images with no problem, but this is not what they need.

For example they have a chart which is by year. Then they click on a bar in the chart representing a particular year and it calls another page which is a chart by month. then you click a month and it takes you to a Datagrid listing dates.

So, guys, can y'all put on your thinking caps and help me come up with a solution for this one? Thanks! --Shibli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i'am not familiar with .net dev in EP yet.

You've said, that you've got your charts rendered as bitmaps. Perhaps you can use imagemaps to make some parts of your charts clickable an by this you can drill down your data and show some more detailed charts / Datagrid.

Regards,

Olli Lamp

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's the track I found myself going and I spent all day trying to make a class file that dynamically renders Image Maps to work in the portal.

The problem I'm finding is that the Chart component creates a PNG image dynamically and I can reference the file<b>name</b>. However, I can't get it to reference its URL <b>path</b> correctly.

It appears to be creating the image in the following directory:

C:\Program Files\SAP\Portal Runtime for icrosoft .NET\Server00\PortalApps

However, that is not a virtual directory I can't access via a URL. Using iViewPath brings the iViews path in the portal but not in a directory structure that would enable referencing files and/or folders.

Please help. I just need to tell the application to reference the file in the directory mentioned above. Thanks a million! --Shibli

Answers (0)