cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to links resources

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Does anyone know how to links resources or create constrains between resources for the semifinish goods and resources for the finish good??

For example, if I make the semifinish product in one resource, the finish product must be produce in an specyfic resource.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cordero,

The Production orders are derived from PPMs in APO. The PPMs will contain the resources. The flow is like this..

Resource-1 ---> PPM1 ---> Planned Order1 ---> Production Order1

Resource-2 ---> PPM2 ---> Planned Order2 ---> Production Order2

In RRP3, you can see the detailed link via pegging which links all these flow.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The question is:

If resource of planned order semifinish good is A --> resource finish good planned order must be B

If resource of planned order semifinish good is C --> resource finish good planned order must be D

A-->B

C-->D

It is imposible A-->D becuse these lines are not comunicated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fernando,

I don't know how to link the resources in the way you describe. Maybe one of the other gurus has a way to do so.

This doesn't sound to me like a resource issue, it sounds more like a batch management issue (eg, the only acceptable PPMs for finished goods that include resource B must have a BOM requirement in the PPM in which the only allowed semifinished products must have a batch characteristic of 'manufactured-on-A').

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

The resources can be maintained operation wise. For finished goods, you can have specific tesing resource. For each resource, depending on the type of bucket, we can have capacity maintained. Even period wise capacity can be maintained. If you are using CTM, then , in the CTM profile choose the setting "Plan all resources finitely", so that capacity of the resource will get considered while planning.

Regards,

Anand S Aurangabadkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi cordero,

The resources for both semifinished goods and finished goods will be maintained in the routing alongwith operations and activities. The same will get ciffed across and linked to its respective PPMs. The PPM will have the link of various resources used in various operations as per the products.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But how can I link 2 diferent production orders by the resources?? in the PPM??

I want to link 2 diferents resources from 2 diferents orders