cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform query - how to print a terms & condition page as last page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

simple question which I assume has a simple answer although its puzzling me! I basically want to include a last page that has terms and conditions. The smartform is fairly simple and has the following nodes

First - obviously contains header data and start of line data

Next - contains the continuation of the data if there are enough lines

Terms - displays the terms & conditions text.

I have set the next page on the Next node to be Terms but it isnt outputting it - I think because my test data is not stretching over two pages. All the data is output on the First node.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get the Terms node to always print out?

We output the form to PDF and send via email if that makes a difference...

Cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

create after the main windows, an element of type "command". There, select the checkbox "new page" and select the "jump to" page.

That's it

Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

what page do I put this on? On the first page?

If I put it here and there are a few lines on the output - will the 2nd node (next) still be printed out?

Cheers

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

yes, it could.

Put the command in the first page, after the main windows.

So: if the main is too long, the second page will be called automatically. Otherwise, the command will be executed and the second page will be not printed.

Give it a try.

Regards

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrea,

Thanks

this appears to be working - sort of - a new page is output in my pdf but this is blank.... I have maintained the text and can see the text in the smart form but not sure why this is not appearing on the pdf output itself...

Any ideas?

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

U have directed ur command node to terms and conditions page right?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK - update....

the terms are now printing out on the last page - thank you all for your comments...

However the final issue I have is some parts of the terms need to be in Bold, others dont. The problem is, when I try to make items bold it works - but when you press save it reverts them back to standard text.

I am using Arial (standard font) and Office 2007 - which is obviously acting as the editor. One idea I had was to revert to the inline editor provided by SAP but I dont know if I can switch this??

The terms are one single text box. I tried changing the start option from append directly to new paragraph but this made no difference.

Any ideas why the bold format is not staying.

Cheers,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u using a text module or text element.

Anyways dont use the word editor but use the inline editor provided by sap and use character formats that u defined in the smartstyle to create bold fonts etc.

if u are using text modules u cant change them in smartforms u have open the text module seperatley and edit.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Try creating a Style and create some character formats to it of the type Bold.

Use this style in your smartform. For the texts which need to be bold, try doing this :

P3 Test <C4>Trying</>

Where P3 is my Paragraph format and C4 is my character format.

Do let me know how it goes.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

this is the problem I have - how do I activate the inline editor as when I look at the screen now I only see the Word 2007 editor. I dont know how to use the inline editor - with the standard buttons etc...

I thought this might be in settings but there is nothing there for me to configure.

Cheers Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Paul,

Follow this path :

On the toolbar:

Goto --> Change Editor.

You wud be able to c the SAP Editor. Change it there.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

on the left hand side u have a small button click on it and u'll be taken to etxt editor.

кu03B1ятu03B9к

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Create two pages:

Page 1 --> Create the table and display the records as per your requirement

After page 1 create the command node --> General Attributes

Go to New page : Page 2.

Page 2 --> For the terms and condition

Regards,

Sravanthi