cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on transport?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Do we need to transport purchasing documents sc,po,conf,invoice from dev to qas and qas to prd server manually or automatically.

Regards

Vinny Novice

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

New documents will be created in each and individual system. They wont get transported. But the Document type if created needed to be transported.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Friends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purchasing Docuemnts are a sentative data which is created for a need, why do you want to transfer from Dev to QA and so on?

I magine you do this and the Purchase order goes out to vendor now this i a legal document do you want to really buy/purcahse all that you created in Dev.

Transactional data is for testing purpose and to make sure you have covered all the business scenarios.

You should only transfer configuration/FRICE object from one system to another.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinny,

The transportation is only for all the configuration data and developments (RICEF Objects) between the DEV -> QAS -> PRD.

Then you migrate all the existing documents (i.e. legasy or old SAP system) to the new environment namely PRD.

But for testing purposes, the data will be first loaded into QAS for A & R and when verification is completed, they will be loaded into live system i.e. PRD.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Kathirvel