Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery through Transporter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Client do the Delivery to Customer through Transporter (Like courier ) ,

client provide two document to transporter ( Delivery challen and invoice in the name of sold to party)

Transporter take the material move to his Godown calculate the weight and then tell the transportation charges to my client

That charges client want to add in invoice and send to customer through email or courier

and client will pay transportation charges to transporter

How to map this scenario

where to map this transporter in partner function or ?

please guide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can map the sceanrio as below;

1) In the delivery document pricing procedure add a condition type called prepaid fright rate, for example ZFRI.

2) Make sure that the same condition type is available in the billing document pricing procedure.

3) You can create a seperate billing document type, called transporter invoice (copying a SAP standard proforma invoice type) and use to provide to transporter. This can be created against the delivery.

4) When delivery challan is created (I assume this has been created after PGI), apply billing block (you can create a new billing block in SPRO like freight rate block) at the delivery header level -> financial processing tab.

5) Once the frieght rate is received from the transporter, apply the frieght rate in the delivery document frieght rate conditoin type then remove the billing block in the delivery and create the regular delivery related billing document. By this way, when the system creates the billing document, it copies the frieght rate from the delivery document.

This can be automated also, depeding on the business requirements, by developing the Z-programs.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Shiva Ram

we can add freight condition in final invoice also its ok it work fine

Now question @ how i can give transportation charges to that transporter

In Purchase cycle there is separate condition type u can separate that amount for any transporter

but i don't know how to do in Sales cycle

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to implement (LE-TRA):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d5/2285347860ea35e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

With this you are able to pay the carrier and forward the transportation charges to the SD invoice. But this is not simply setting up a partner function.