cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to connect to Sybase database using Ianywhere driver. Does anyone know the parameters for that we need to use (jdbc driver / connection URL)?\

Also I am getting SAP Class not found exception, when I attempt to access any DB using JDBC driver? Is there a specific settings that we are missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you deploy the JDBC drivers for the Databases you want to access? The class not found exception points to either a missing driver or a misspell in the driver class name in the configuration.

For the SYBASE connection string you have to refer to the driver documentation. Maybe this link is of some help: http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals/sqlanywhere/0902/en/html/dbpgen9/00000152.htm

Looks like the connection is something similar to this if you use jdbc/odbc bridge: "jdbc:odbc:dsn=ASA 9.0 Sample"

Regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christine what are the foolproof ways of checking if your driver is deployed correctly? We followed the PDF document (using the driver tool provided) to deploy the JDBC drivers?

As far as we can see the jar files are correctly deployed in Provider.xml file and in the correct path...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if there is anything like a foolproof way , however if you have access to the Visual Administrator, there is a service which is called either Classloader Viewer or Classpath Resolver (on the server node). In that service you see a list of all deployed sdas, so you can check for jmsproviderlib. Then if you click on that to open, it should show you all the jar files that came in with the deployment, so if the JDBC jar you added is there, than it is ok, if it is not there, than you need to redeploy.

Regards

Christine

Answers (0)