cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in line break in a file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with a file receiver adapter. In File Content Conversion I put 'nl' in the endSeparator parameter but when I see the "output.txt" file generated all data are put in same line separated by rectangular characters.

I think this rectangular characters are the line breaks characters. My problem is that the target application don't recognized those rectangular characters like line breaks.

Also i tried to put in endSeparator the ASCII character '0x0A' but the line break neither work.

In file Encoding parameter I tried with every charset encodings like: US-ASCII, ISO-8859-1, Windows-1252... but the line break don't work.

Could be important the operating system over XI is running? SAP and XI is running over a AS400 system.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

hmmm... Does the # symbol occur due to any European characters? We faced a similar problem when we had a character "Ä" (A with two dots on top) being replaced with a # symbol.

Please let me know on this. I dont think this should cause a problem with line breaks though.

Also, try encoding ISO-8859-15

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Sorry for don't reply in this days but the XI system was down for a administration problem and i can't try this encoding.

I tried with ISO-8859-15 too but the line break neither didn't work.

¿could be a Operating system problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try putting the following value (including the quotation marks) for the endSeparator parameter in the file receiver adaptor:

'0x0D''0x0A'

These are ASCII characters for CR & LF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great!

This solution works!!!

A lot of thank, Manish.

Now, the target application get the line breaks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Did u try UTF-8 encoding in your file encoding??

cheers,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Thanks for reply.

I Tried with UTF-8 and it doesn´t work.

I tried with almost all known charsets but none of them work. The line break doesn't appears.

I want write:

line1

line2

line2

If i open the notepad in the file appears:

line1line2line3...

The target application doesn't recognized the  character like a line break.

but if i copy the text of file and i put it in a doc file or in this forum, for example, the line break appears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry,

When i wrote &#8301 i would write a rectangular character but in this text editor doesn't work and it write the &#8301 sequence.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go thru following link-

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for reply.

I read this link and i tried some solutions but my scenario don`t work. All data are written correctly in file but the line breaks don't appears. They are replaced by rectangular characters and the target application don´'t recognized them.

There are any hexa character alternative for the 'nl' or the '0x0A'?

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

In this blog, there is a link for Hexa decimal characters

I think, you would have gone thru this-just try it out.

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/17/nab-the-tab-file-adapter

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/d2/bab440c97f3716e10000000a155106/content.htm