cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note able to Archive SD documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am not able to archive some document types in Object sd_vbak,rv_likp,_sd_vbrk,is ther any step which I am missing if that so plzzz send me step by step procedure for archiving.

Which object should I archive first as I have started with delivery e.i rv_likp than billing & later on sales document.

In fact I have configure all the archiving for SD......Is there anything which I am missing

Thanks in Advance

Umed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually Archiving datas is basis work and unless you are confident, you are not suppose to touch that area. Why I am stressing is that by mistake if you archived any wrong table and if you want to retrieve that, you cannot unless you go as per the standard instructions laid down by SAP.

Anyway, go through this link

[Archiving of Sales Documents|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/a9/55c7b690a111d1a5510000e82deaaa/content.htm]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lashmipathi,

Exactly, but how a basis person will get to know what to archive and what not,without our guidance I think they won`t.....anyhow any idea why??? all the object is taking some of the document types and some not.

Regards

Umed

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is purely the job of basis team. From functional side, we can just indicate for how many years, the past data should be stored in existing SAP server and for the previous period, they can proceed with Archiving.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lashmipathi,

Well,I do understand what you said but it would more of a team work.....is there any way out to resolve this issue????

Regards

Umed

Edited by: umed rathore on Mar 17, 2009 5:59 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the error you getting while archiving document type? Also specify which business document you are referring Sales order, Deliver, billing or shipment document.

With respect to dependencies: best practice is to archive Shipment document (SD_VTTK) >> Delivery document (RV_LIKP) >> Billing document (SD_VBRK) >> Sales order (SD_VBAK)

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

I am not getting any error.

Actually it is archiving but it is archiving some document types & some not.

It is at every level, sales order(archiving some document types & some not),delivery(archiving some delivery types & some not) & billing (archiving some billing types & some not).

Thanks in advance

Umed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rathore,

You have to do few checks for sales order (SD_VBAK)

1. In Residence time customizing of sales order check you document type residence period is same as other document type that is archived.

2. Check all the sales order in the document type is business completed.

3. In Preprocess / write variant please don't select below option

A. Change date Residence time

B. Check flow document residence

C. Check purchase order

D. Check FI document

4. Document category of the sales order document type should not be contract or Sceduling agreement.

After solving this sales order archiving then let us try to work on delivery document and billing document.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Mar 18, 2009 11:17 AM