Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETO scenario through PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am working on ETO scenario. The cycle goes like this:

The requirements are generated by MRP run on sales order with D as the account assignment category in the requirement class and P as the "Consumption posting" in the acc assgn settings. As a result of which all the costs and revenues are posted to Project. Also consumption is posted to Project itself. This is creating trouble when I am delivering the goods from the Sales order stock where the accounting document is not getting generated. But I need COGS at the time of delivery. So this cycle is not helping me out.

If I take Q as the acc assgn category and generate all the requirements from PS, then also the same problem exists. Because the stock comes to the project stock and delivery again is an issue in this cycle.

My client wants to have budget control over the whole procurement and production processes. How can I bring an integration between SD and PS to give a solution.

Hope I have put my query in short and crisply. Please give me some ideas as to what can be done for the same.

regards

Pratap.V

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the total idea is only to control the cost through WBS element then U try 21 Stratergy in MRP3 for that salable good & collective ind 1. then

1. if the product is expected to be Dispatched against sales order through VL01n then

Add the material in WBS activity for planning only by setting action indicator as Never (1)

After MRP run observer the reservation to be for Sales roder & account assigned to WBS

When the material is procured/produced the cost will be booked against wbs element but sales order stock will be generated wihch can be dispatched

2. if you procure the material against Project then convert the stock to unrestricted then sale and or consume material against Network. Further generating stock from WBS/cost center is not a standard practice.

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S.Wad

I think procuring the material against the Project or the network is not the right method. Because this leads to consumption in Project itself. I had tried converting the Project stock to Unrestricted sales order stock, but this does not solve the problem of getting COGS.

Right now I am trying with M as the account assignment category in the Requirement class. This might work out. I will reply in this thread about my results.

As of now, I am closing the thread.

Thanks to all.

regards

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pratap,

Were you able to find a solution?

If yes, then can you share it? I have similar situation.

thanks,

raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

In ETO process just like create manual production order with account assignment wbs then CNF that Order once you done it material as BOM cost would be consume in production order with routing cost.

After cnf of order you can check stock in MMBE transaction.

Then create delivery through CNS0 transaction

Modified outbound delivery from VL02n

create billing from vfo1 with the ref of delivery no.

Regards,
Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done an implementation in an ETO scenario where we use Q as a acct. assign. category.

The whole cycle runs and we do delivery from project and then billing from SD. Please do in line with this scenario.

Regards,

Uddhab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uddhab,

Where did the consumption happen? Did you get the COGS through this cycle? What was the movement type with which you did the delivery from the projects?

Please answer my questions. Thank you.

Pratap.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The consumption will be against the respective const centre once the project is settled. However the delivery is done through CNS0 and then the PGI and other stuff are through VL02N.

The movement type will be as per the standard one. Nothing has changed there.

Regards,

Uddhab

PS: If the problem is solved then please do the needful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

normally SAP standard uses E as account assignment for the sale order stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is right AP. But here the WBSE does no come into the picture. So here accounting is not reflecting in the project as a result of which budgeting is affected.

Pratap