cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 2003 standart or enterprise edition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We want to use AII addon on Netweaver 7.0 and PI 7.0 on windows 2003 64 bit. Are there any differences between standart edition and enterprise edition? I know cpu and memory limitations. Is it recommended that installing production SAP system on windows standart edition?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You already said the difference, it is only in CPU and Memory but you can use any of them as far is 2003 and 64 bits. The addons don´t have nothing to do with the OS so don´t worry.

If you already have standard edition just use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hande,

Differences Between Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition.

The Standard Edition of Windows Server 2003 supports up to 4 GB of RAM and four-way SMP.

The Enterprise Edition of Windows Server 2003 supports eight processors and 32 GB of RAM, also eight-node clustering including SAN and geographically dispersed clustering.

Other features that distinguish the Enterprise Edition from the Standard Edition: Support for Microsoft Metadirectory Services (MMS), which enables the integration of multiple directories, databases, and files with Active Directory. Hot Add Memory, so that you can add memory to supported hardware systems without downtime or reboot. Windows System Resource Manager (WSRM), which supports the allocation of CPU and memory resources on a per-application basis.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I know that windows 2003 standart edition sp2 support to 32 gb memory as i read

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366778.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_server_2003.

I understand that there is no critical differences for running productive systems except cpu and memory limitations. Is it true?

Best Regards...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find comparision information.

[http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc758523.aspx]

Hope this helps.

Manoj Chintawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hande,

As per my knowledge that's true but still if you go for normal edition then you won' t be having much SWAP space.

REFER to requirements first before going for production system.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your suggestions...