cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statistical WBS Element - do we need to set as Account Assignment Element?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know if I define the WBS element to be statistical (statistical ticked in Control tab) and would want to have posting. Do I need to set it as account assignment element? (I noticed system is not allowing me to post if I do not set it as account assignment element). I want to make sure the actual cost would be be posted to the WBS element as the WBS element should just be statistical in nature.

Please also confirm if I always need to specify actual cost center posted if the statistical field is ticked PRPS-KOSTL.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to post actual cost to a WBS element, then that WBS element should be defined as Account assignment element.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, so the account assignment should always be ticked if I want to post actual to STATISTICAL WBS Element. Now I would like to confirm if I always need to specify actual cost center posted if the statistical field is ticked PRPS-KOSTL.

Also, I understand that if I run CJI3, for statistical Actuals posted, its value type will be 11 - Statistical Actual instead of 4 - Actual.

Thanks!

Vivian

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i do not hink you can post actual cost value type 4 to a statistical cost element - do check this in you dev system

i would think that you can post to a statisitcal WBS element against a type 90 cost element for which you wilkl need the account assignment tiked and this will be seen as value type 11 in CJI3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra,

No, what I am saying is that if I set the statitical WBS element to account assignment, if you check the line item (CJI3) - add column Value Type, you will see it as 11 - statstical actual. (For normal WBS postings, it will be 4 - actual)

Thanks!

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

correct all stat posting in CJI3 will be value type 11