cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Changes Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

What are the settings required regarding Posting Changes in WM when I do a transfer posting using Mov.type 309 & 311 in IM inorder to generate Posting changes in WM ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)Interim storage type should be defined like 922 in warehouse 001.

Allow negative stock,mixed storage,addition to stock in 922.

2)Define shipment type "U" in your warehouse number in spro->le->wm->activities->transfers.

3) Create a storage bin master data for storage type 922 for 309 mov type and another bin for 311 mov type.

3) Define WM movement type 309 and 311 and maintain staorage bin created in earlier step in the movement type definition.

4)Map WM movement type with IM movement type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Thanks a lot for the response.

Actually I am new to WM & now configuring WM in my test server.

I have already made all the settings which you have mentioned above. The issue is when I do a transfer posting using 309 or 311 I am getting the following error

' Storage type 002 not suitable as an interface (SU management is active) '

For the WM mov type - 309 I tried by assiging the source storage as 002 & bin as well as with 002 only.

I have mentioned the destination storage type as 922 with dynamic indiactor as D storage bin.

Note : When I didnt assign any source storage type in my mov.type 309 then I am getting the error 'storage bin 001 (warehouse no) doesnt exist check your entry'

I.e system is not determing the source storage type using the storage search table.

Hope its clear.

Please advise where I am goin wrong & how to solve this issue.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

309 I tried by assiging the source storage as 002 & bin as well as with 002 only.

Maintain 922 as source storage type and create a bin in 922 and maintain that bin number in storage bin field.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is SU managment is active for your warehouse? Please check in customisation for Warehouse parameters.

If SU mgt is active then you need to make SU active for the respective storage types.

Please check.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

I have activated SU Management @ Warehouse no: level.

As I have mentioned above when I do a transfer posting with 309 mov type I am getting the above error.

Now please tell me what are the settings I have to maintain in my WM mov type 309 esp in the source & destination storage type fields, also what I have to maintain in the respective storage type settings.

It will be very helpful if you can explain the steps in creating a posting change notices when we do transfer posting.

Also on what kind of scenarios/when do we create these posting change notices ??

Regards,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go in storage type & make it SU active.

PCN are created e.g when you are doing transfer posting from quality to unrestricted or vice versa.

Please check the PCN SAP document .

Regards,

Prashant,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for replys.

Do I have to specify any storage type in my 309 WM mov type i.e source & destination storage type.

As per the above theads I tried by assigning both 002 as well as 922 as my source storage type & for both the storage types the SU Mgmt is active.

When I tried with the above assignment I am gettin the below error message in MB1B using 309.

Storage type 922 not suitable as an interface (SU management is active)

So please suggest how to proceed?

Regards,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check storage type 922,it is not required to be SU active.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the response.

Infact I did a mistake by activating the SU mgmt for the mov.type 922.

Can you please breif me what are the settings reqd in the 309 mov type & how the posting change will be created when we do a transfer posting using MB1B with 309 Mov.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not have access to see SAP. But its standard movement type. Please do your IM posting .Check whether you have done customisation in Inventory management(IM & WM relation)

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prashant for the continous support.

Finally I managed to create one transfer posting with 309 mov type in IM.

I have maintained the source & destination storage type as 922 with U-Zone as the storage Bin (which I created manually for 922 storage type) in my 309 WM mov.type & I was able to create one transfer posting doc.

Now If you can clarify the following queries it will be very helpful.

1. For the above material document no posting change notice was generated. So what are the settings required for the same ?

Process Flow

Create a transfer Posting doc.

Create Posting Change Doc (System creates automatically)

Create a Transfer Order (Manual/Automatic)

Confirm Transfer Order.

Please let me know whether the process which I have mentioned is correct or not?

Regards,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not have SAP access right now . Please check whether you have tick posting change creation for the warehouse & movement typ. This setting is at same place where you see TR creation tick.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Appreciate your support.

My problem is solved. Sorry I missed that tick which you have mentioned above for my Warehouse no & Storage type.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If you can revert on the following points it will be very helpful.

1. I hope the Process flow which I have mentioned above is correct.

2. When we create a transfer posting with 321 (for ex) then system system will create a -ve quant against the material with stock catg Q in the interim storage bin - U - Zone which I defined for the Posting Change Storage type 922 & will create a +ve quant against the material with stock catg - unresticed use in the interim storage bin - U-Zone.

3. Finally when we create a transfer order against this Posting Change then we have to select the appropriate storage type & Quantity so that system will create/delete the existing quants (acc to mov type 321/322 etc) in the storage bin without change in Qtys.

Hope its clear.

Regards,

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes we have to select appropriate storage type where stock is laying when you create TO.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The process is correct. You have to select storage type while TO creation where stock is laying after IM posting.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (0)