Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict authorization to Customer data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working for a Telecom based client. The client has a data security issue and wants to restrict our consultants from viewing all the data related to few sensitive customer.

Is it possible to restrict the users from viewing or changing the information of few customers? They should be able to view and change the information of other customers normally.

Guru's please suggest, if its possible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide us with some more information, system type (crm/ecc), version and transactions used.

9 REPLIES 9

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please provide us with some more information, system type (crm/ecc), version and transactions used.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a ECC 6.0 system. All the transactions from which we can find the customer information.

Eg: VA01, VA02, VA03, XD01, XD02 and XD03.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

0 Kudos

Hi

Have you looked at assigning auth groups to your customers and restricting via auth object V_KNA1_BRG?

Sandi

0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I have checked trying with the Authorization object V_KNA1_BRG. Here I am able to restrict customer master data only. But, was not able to restrict the Sales order information. The user able to View/Change and create the sales order for that customer.

Here, I want to restrict all the transactions related to that customer.

Rajashekar.C

0 Kudos

Hi,

As per SAP standard, restriction to SALES documents is not possible. You can either group the sensitive users in a separate user group and then restrict the access to the user group. Also, you can write ABAP codes to implement the same.

Regards,

Nilanjan

0 Kudos

Hi,

If the customers are critical and are assigned to a different sales area then the object V_VBAK_VKO Sales Document: Authorization for Sales Areas can solve the problem.

Else if you could define a new document types for sales orders for these customers then V_VBAK_AAT Sales Document: Authorization for Sales Document Types can be used.

Regards,

Subbu

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies and help. As Nilanjan said, we had the same idea and implemented the same in our sandbox system and it works.

Rajashekar.C

0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,

We have got the same reuirement where some users need be resrtcited to view some details of some sensitive customers. Could you please provide some information on how to restrict this.

Your answers are much appeciated.

Regards,

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Dear SAP friends,

Can you share with us, the way that you finally solved the problem of granting access to a user to Tcodes only for one customer ? (ile. VA01, VF01, XDxx)

Tnanks in advance.

Ellly L.