Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh model node data

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a WD application with 3 models (3 adaptive RFCs), Mod_A, Mod_B y Mod_C.

All model nodes are maped through the component controler to three different views (v_search, v_detail, v_edit). Mod_A returns a list of customers, Mod_B returns some details of the customer and with Mod_C

I can modify the details of the customer.

This works fine, the data of the backend gets updated correctly. Now the problem is, when I go back to my first view, which is the search view (v_search) and I search again for the same customer, whose details have been recently modified, in the detail view (v_detail) there is still the old data shown. It seems that the model node of model Mod_B is not beeing refreshed?! I have to reload the applicaction in the browser to see the correct modifiefd data.

After editing the data and before going back to the search viev (s_search), I am doing some invalidation of the Input and Output of the model node Mod_b, but I am not sure if this is correct.

wdContext.nodeZget_Bp_Details_Input().bind( new Zget_Bp_Details_Input());

wdContext.nodeZget_Bp_Details_Input().invalidate(); //INPUT node

wdContext.nodeOutput2().invalidate(); //OUTPUT node

The component controller nodes get cleared, but it seems that the model data is still stored.

I checked the followwing threads

but I can find a solution for my problem, can anybody help?!?

Thanx & best regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Pregler on Mar 16, 2009 12:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem by disconnecting the model Mod_b before going back to the search view (v_search).

model_b.disconnectIfAlive();

Now the modified data is correctly shown in the detail view (v_detail).

Thanx a lot for your help guys!!!!!!

Best regards,

Oliver

Edited by: Oliver Pregler on Mar 16, 2009 3:33 PM

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now the problem is, when I go back to my first view, which is the search view (v_search) and I search again for the same customer, whose details have been recently modified, in the detail view (v_detail) there is still the old data shown. It seems that the model node of model Mod_B is not beeing refreshed?! I have to reload the applicaction in the browser to see the correct modifiefd data.

Are u executing the model again for getting all the customers details in search View after updating the customaer details ?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you done the invalidation of node properly and it is not working then you have only one option left to do.

Please do refersh the input field if you have any input parameter for executing the RFC and Clear the output Structure/Table at the beginning and before the main functional part start.

This should be done in Backend.

REFRESH: r_hq_id,//Range Value of input screen

r_apr_id,//Range Value of input screen

r_dist_id,//Range Value of input screen

CLEAR: r_hq_id,

r_apr_id,

r_dist_id,

REFRESH: search_out_sum,//Output node coming to the screen

search_out_det.//Output node coming to the screen

CLEAR: search_out_sum,

search_out_det.

Thanks

Kanai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After calling the execute method of each RFC, just invalidate the response node.

Check this link for more details.

Regards

John

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

I checked the thread you mentioned but i does not solve my problem.

Thanx & best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did u write these validations in the wdDoInit method of the view..?

If so please put those validations in a seperate method and call it in the onactionFromPlug.

Jithin

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi jithin,

the invalidation is in an own method that Ia m calling in an eventhandler.

Thanx & best regards,

Oliver

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do some checks

First check : After execution of model have u invalidate the response node? if yes then thats it model is refreshed(It content the latest data).

Second Check : During search of a customer have u executed the model.(like getAllCustomer(search parameters )) and get the fresh content

Third Check : Each time when u press say Search Customer invalidate the current content and then execute the model for search.

Let See

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

oliver_pregler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi satish,

all checks are OK. The thing is, that the coresponding component nodes are getting cleared, but the undelying model nodes not.

Thanx & best regards,

Oliver

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As u said

coresponding component nodes are getting cleared, but the undelying model nodes not.

Why r u making these two as different.

Ok ,How u have define the mapping ?

Use Mapping Type(When u create a node it has 4 type) and select the model node then it will automatically create the node in your component (we can say it replica of model data and will change accordingly the operations i.e if edited ,created deleted etc will reflect here alos ), now bind the output UI Element (table).

Best Regards

Satish Kumar