cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to write ABAP HR reports in ABAP web dynapro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How to write ABAP HR reports in ABAP web dynapro? We can add HR REPORT CATEGORY in ABAP HR using logical database like PNP.How to add HR REPORT CATEGORY in ABAP Webdynapro ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can't use legacy concepts like logical databases directly in Web Dynpro ABAP. Even if you could do so, you shouldn't. Web Dynpro ABAP should always follow MVC - meaning that your business logic (the model) should be separated from WD as much as possible. This means calling function modules or class methods to consume the business logic and data. So in general there should be no difference between building HR reports or any other type of report in WDA - since from the WDA side you are calling other objects to consume the data.

This probably does mean that you will need to create classes to expose the HR data that you want in your WDA.

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shouldn't that be the responsibility of SAP to migrate their technology? I don't think I have to say how many thousands of LDB reports there are out there. I'm sure someone at SAP is working/thinking on this.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Yes we are. Although we aren't directly translating LDBs to Web Dynpro ABAP. In general such access is replaced by services (BAPIs or Enterprise Services). For HR there is a new framework coming with ERP EnhP5 that will help with data access and has a layer for integration into Web Dypnro ABAP. I can't really say more about next year's enhancement package.

I can say that it ues existing technology such as Floorplan Manager, Feeder Classes, and POWL. In general these are Web Dynpro ABAP specific tools that already help with the transition from legacy technologies like LDBs.