cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Mappings

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where I have multiple header items and multiple Line items. Line items are more than 1000 and more. Can you guys tell me how mapping is done in this case?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Mapping depends on what kind of source structure you have and what is your target structure. If target is flat structure than you can go for mesage mapping. If not in that case you can go for the Java or XSLT mapping. Do give us more information about your source and target structure to analyse.

Refer to this thread for information on different kind of mapping.

Thanks,

Prateek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I think in that case message mapping should not be a problem.

Thanks,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

My structure for the input is as follows:

RequestNumber

RequstCategory

<header_data>

DocumentDate

Currency

DocumentType

PostingDate

Reconciliationkey

<line_items>

CompanyCode

Contract

Amount

NetDueDate

FundsCenter

Fund

FunctionalArea

Itemtext.....

The Structure for the output is also the same.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your Header and Line Items structure is same for all the files , then you can go with Message mapping and you do that. If you have multiple structure, then either you need to map it separately or you can pick the file with generic data ( row wise format ) then structure the data according to the Headrs/Line items in the Mapping.

Just info about Generic File ADapter

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/configuring-generic-sender-file-cc-adapter

/people/swaroopa.vishwanath/blog/2005/06/24/generic-approach-for-validating-incoming-flat-file-in-sap-xi--part-1

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i can get from your question is, your source will be some what like this,...

<HEADER> .... </HEADER>

<HEADER> .... </HEADER>

<HEADER> .... </HEADER>

<LINE ITEMS>...</LINE ITEMS>

And you want this to be mapped to _____ ?

Please explain the scenario.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are multiple source departments which are sending multiple source files to XI. From XI I have to load into SAP. Here the header items have same fields for all the files but there may be different line items. What I am going to use is the File Adapter for the Outbound Interface and the RFC for the Inbound Interface which will import a BAPI into XI. Once I import the BAPI into XI I will have all the header and line items. Here the question is how to map this multiple source files which are coming from my outbound interface? How can I send the data to BAPI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan, If i understood it correct, you need to collate data from multiple source files, then split them into records based on certain fields in your header. You can use ccBPM with multiple receieve steps in a fork to wait for all the source file types, specify a correlation in your ccBPM to group them based on a specific field in your incoming data and you should be done. Once you have the split in ur ccBPM , you can transform(map it to a BAPI structure, a n:1 multimapping!!) and update SAP.

Regards

Saravana