cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing SAP Standard ESS Leave Approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My client would like to customize the above said SAP Standard WD Java app.

Basically, they would like to "merge" the existing 4 step applicaiton into 1 screen. It all happnes within the same application so one would "think" this shouldnt be a problem.

I have never cusomized a SAP Standard WD Java before. From reading other threads I take it seems to be possible to do this though. It seems like the NWDI track is the key ingredient here in the sense of it needing to be set up correctly.

Please advise on this - specifically if you have perhaps worked with this SAP Standard app before.

Regards,

Christiaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i am working on the ESS and MSS development using FPM that is Floor paln manager,

i have idea of that, please tell me what you want to customize in the Wd application,

there are twio ways developing the application using FPM,

Ep6.0 is different and Ep7.0 is different

i can help u man.....thats very simple work with FPM

Cheers,

Apparao

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI!

I'm so happy to hear that!

Ok. Basically the application/workflow consists of these steps:

1. The manager receives notification in SAP inbox to process Leave for an employee.

2. Then the manager would select the SAP Inbox item to be process, which result in the approval screen

being opened. The manager is prompted with the approval screen.

3. Now when the approval screen is presented; In addition to the manager having selected the

employeeu2019s leave request to process(on the previous screen); the manager is supposed to select

again the employee to process(again) in the u201CRequests waiting for approvalu201D Table.

4. The manager Approve / Reject leave application..

5. Once the manager has approved or rejected the employees leave application. The next screen

(/similar components to the current screen) appears.

6. A screen appears once after the manager has approved employeeu2019s leave. The only difference

between this screen and the previous screen is that this screen (Step4) contains an editable note text

area for the manager to use if they need sent a note to the requester; Also this screen contains the

Previous and the Review buttons (which completes the process).

What is required to change:

It is required that when the manager selects a Leave Approval entry in SAP Inbox, the screen

displayed in Step 4. above should be displayed. That is: The Approval screen as it is currently with the

Note to requester displaying; and The Approve and Reject buttons displaying.

Is this possible with FPM?

Kind Regards,

Christiaan

karna_reddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Can you help me in the following problem?

when processing the leave approval, after selecting an entry from the table a message is displaying

Like the employee name(MR raju} has requested the following leave .

the problem is if the selected row is a leave cancellation request then also same message is displaying.

So the manager is not knowing what he is approving (new leave request or leave cancellation).

In the second case we should display the employee name has requested cancellaton of following leave.

tell me where we need to change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiaan,

I think I can help you with this. There is a document called "NWDI Cookbook for XSS" at SAP Marketplace. Have a look at the Note:-872892. This gives you clear description of the process of creating XSS tracks on NWDI. Later on Have a look at the following Blog which gives Step by step Procedure about Customising ESS Business Package in NWDS.

/people/vinoth.murugaiyan/blog/2007/08/24/essmss-customization-150-make-it-simple

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Gopal.

former_member205624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Yes you are correct, for modifing an ESS WD for java application you needs to have NWDI inplace for more information you can go through below mentioned links:

[How to Customize ESS Screens and Make Changes in Standard Screen through NWDI|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/900e6b9d-3acf-2b10-a2a5-d7b53fcda150]

[Working with the Development Infrastructure|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/07/f6bc3d42f46c33e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm]

[NetWeaver Development Infrastructure (NWDI) |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/java/netweaver%252bdevelopment%252binfrastructure%252b(NWDI)]

Let me know if you require more information.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!

I have also stumbled onto something called the "Floor Plan Manager" infrastructure. This seems to be the infrastructure SAP uses to create ESS applications.

I am getting worried now, as my requirement is to "merge" these screens into one, and now I find that an application actually consists of more than one DC!! This makes things seem very unlikely.

Can you perhaps advise on merging screens, perhaps?

Kind Regards,

Crhistiaan

former_member205624
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If that is the case, just take the help from ABAP people and find the corrosponding BAPI , there might be the case that all the fields are not available in a single BAPI , in that case ask ABAP guy to write a ZBAPI and then create a WebDynpro application for the same.

Use the application in Portal by creating an iView for your application.

Regards,