cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy par files with code from NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have migrated some par files to NWDI and they are deployed via SDM as SDA files.

From eclipse it is possible to deploy the par files with Code. Is this possible from NWDI that the par files are deployed with code to the portal server.

Regards

Sundeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From eclipse it is possible to deploy the par files with Code. No because it require some plug in to open Enterprise Portal Perspective. So better use NWDS(Its a eclipse but has wrapper of sap specific development )

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

I am using NWDS, and then check in the Portal DC which is then deployed on the runtime system.

My question is during deployment via NWDI is it possible that the par is deployed with code.

Earlier we were using eclipse for par based development, and this was possible in eclips.

With NWDI i dont think it is possible to control if the par should be deployed on the portal server with code included.

Regards

Sundeep

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

What is the version of NWDS?

In CE (Par concept is not here ) When we create a EAR (Deployable unit of Portal Application ) file it ask that "Include the source code of the portal application".

Best Regards

Satish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

NWDS version is 7.0 SP16.

In this while creating the EAR SDA it does not prompt or gives an option to include source code.

Does this mean this is possible only in CE ?

Regards

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Ya in CE it is there. there must be some other option in 7.0. Check with some old threads

Regards

Satish Kumar