cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

The issue is Invoices need to have a progressive number associated to a progressive date i.e., if Invoice No # 100 is having an Invoice date of 1st Feb 2009, Invoice No # 101 cannot have an Invoice date before 1st Feb 2009 i.e., it should have a Billing date of 1st Feb 2009 or after that.

Can any one help me where exactly we need to make changes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayavardhana,

In standard functionality this can't be accoplished so You can go ahead with user exit.

You can accomplish this using USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE available in the billing program include

RV60AFZZ.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Note 31206 - Collective billing - Order/Delivery-related will help you,

This note says:

1. Problems with the billing date

If a sales order and a delivery are billed together and the date of the sales order (proposal for the billing date) is not equal to the goods issue date (proposal for the billing date), there is a problem with specifying the billing date. If a common billing date is not determined, an invoice split is created.

This problem can be avoided if you specify a default date when creating the billing document.

This problem generally does not occur for period calculations.

You can determine a common billing date (for example, the current date) by creating a new data copying routine xxx (for example, by copying routine '001').

Using transaction VOFM and menu path "Data transfer -> Billing documents", you can copy the data transport routine and change it as follows :

form daten_kopieren_xxx.

:

vbrk-fkdat = sy-datum.

endform.

So, you can search the last invoice, check the value of VBRK-FKDAT for the last invoice, and in VOFM set that the new vbrk-fkdat will be great or equal.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Eduardo

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jayavardhana,

As per the standard functionality if you use Internal number range for billing document the billing document number will come as per your requirment.

But if you use External number range the sequence of the number will be mismatched.

Transaction VN01 you can use to maintain the numbner range for billing document.

In VN01 transaction if you don't check the External check box system will consider as internal number range,system will generate the billing document number automatically while saving the document.

In VN01 transaction if you maintain check in External check box you need to give the number while creating billing document.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.