Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account 300000 requires an assignment to a CO object while I am trying to

former_member681145
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Account 300000 requires an assignment to a CO object while I am trying to do posting from billing doc to acc doc .

When I am trying in KA01 to create cost element then sym will ask in default acc asst cost centre .After when I do trying create cost centre in KS01 sym giving error message u2018 Controlling area XXX does not have a standard hierarchy (please assign one)u2019

Again if I trying to create std hierarchy in (OKEON u2013 Change) getting message u2018

u2018You have not yet created a cost center standard hierarchy for COAr xxxx

So wt should I do for this error to clear.?

Regards

Ishikesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ishikesh,

First of all are you using a make-to-order scenario or scenario where there is linkage to controlling?

This is an error because the G/L account which you have assigned in the customisation is requiring an assignment to any of the parameter which can relate it to the Controlling for e.g. Cost center or WBS element.

For this you have to have some guidance of Controlling customisation as this is not the directly an issue of SD module.

If the G/L is for Revenue then it will be a secondary cost element and not primary. If the G/L is a revenue element , then account needs a profit center. If a cost element , then account needs a cost center.

Please check first the field status of the account in Transaction: FS00.

If this account requires CO object as mandatory then check whether a cost element is created or not , this error normally occurs when CO object is mandatory but relevant cost element is not created.

You have a cost account defined in accounts determination (Transaction: OBYC), and every cost account must have a cost object associated (say, internal order, cost center, etc..).

You must decide what is the cost object to 'receive' the cost value on the account

Now, Look at Transaction: OKB9 - Display View "Account assignment" : Overview

In OKB9 specify weather this cost element give impact to cost center or profitability segment. If it is give impact to cost center then assign cost center against to cost element or assign it to PA.

OR, Alternatively -

Go to, Transaction: KA04 and delete the cost elements for your g/l accounts.

Regards,

Karthik.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to TCode KA02 enter the controlling area, give the G/L account and click on Master data tab.

There select "Default Acc Assgmnt" tab and enter Cost centr and save.

Go to FS00, input the G/L Account and click on Edit Cost Element on top. There click on Basic Data and for the field CElem category, maintain the required numeric value. Now select the tab Default Acct Assgnmt and there maintain the required cost center and save.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi