cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What so you think about "SRM as AddOn in one client to SAP ERP 2005"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,my experts:

Our project will use SRM as AddOn in one client to SAP ERP 2005.

This is the first time to use SRM for my enterprise.We develop new funtions base on SRM Webdynpro.,and do not use the standard function.

What do you think about this ,and any suggestions?

Alex

BestRegards!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

All depends on your business need. SAP products are used for improve the business process only.

some info you can find here..on srm add on to ECC

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/index_srmaddon.htm

regards

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,Muthu.

I want to know must I have a SRM licence if I use the SRM as AddOn in one client to SAP ERP 2005 ?

Thanks !

Alex

BestRegards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Muthu;

Thanks for your reply.

Can I use SRM-SUS in the case "SRM as AddOn in one client to SAP ERP 2005"?Need I have other Client of SUS?Or the SUS has been included in the AddOn?

Alex

Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Here are my view points on SRM and ECC one client deployment: The decison to have one client for SRM and ECC is more driven by the business model of the client and functionalities one need out of SRM .Following points needs to considered before deployment:

1) ERP and SRM as an add-on does not support any multiple-backend functions or hub deployment for procurement.

2) Upgrade or migration from SRM system to ERP with SRM as add-on is not supported

3) Strategic sourcing scenarios in SRM are not used by clients with such deployments

4) 4) Although SRM is running on the same client as ECC the purchasing organization have to be maintained in both MM and SRM system

5) From HR Orgstructure stand point there is no additional benifit in same client deployment as compared to seperate deployment

6) From Security stand point its better to have a seperate client for SRM-vendor registration as this functionality is exposed to outside world and internet.

7) Master Data Synchronization is a positive point which is only available within the SRM Add-on deployment with ECC

😎 For SRM and ECC (seperate) master data management remains asynchronous and unidirectional

Thanks

Zameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Zameer! That is useful reply.

PS: Can I use MM-SUS or SRM-SUS in this case? Need SUS client? thanks!

Edited by: yuanyuan yang on Mar 18, 2009 6:20 AM