cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard SAP web dynpro java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

So far i have only develepped my own Web Dynpro Java applications.

Our SAP HR consultant told me about some standard web dynpros for recording time such as sap.com/ess~cat/CatDataRecord.

Is there any way i can find the content of this WD to import it in my NWDS?? I would like to have a look at the code used in it and modify the look & feel of it.

Please advise!!

Thank u in advance!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet & thank u for your reply!!

So, from what i understand, using local NWDS i cannot access the standard web dynpros.Do you have any documentation concerning the SAP ESS packages??

Also, can we use the ESS package without an SAP Portal environment ?? Use standalone WD applications??

Edited by: Iria Koutsogianni on Mar 16, 2009 10:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, The tool you will be using is NWDS only , but you have to work on Development Components.

Like open NWDS ---> go to File ---> new -

> you will find Development Component Project.

Standard Web Dynpro Programs come in .sda format which can be deployed on sdm.

Document you will get on SDN. I have few doc's related to nwdi and will try to send you a doc how to use standard ESS pkg using NWDI.

Please give me your id.

Regards,

Abhijeet

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iria ,

See you can get the ESS package from some of your track, and you can easily import that ESS package as the dc source to your NWDS.

Regardin gthe documentation for ESS for CATS recording please have a look to this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/ef/e18d3f7057eb0ce10000000a114084/frameset.htm

You can do the modification to this package as per your requirement and then run and test it. For testing you do not require the Portal enviroment. However after the complete modification you should always in run such ESS application with portal environment where you have other features of ESS as well.

I hope this helps!!

Thanks and Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can change the look and feel as well as you can access the code also.

For that you need NWDI and have to use DC's.

Using DC's you can access the tracks of standard SAP ESS Package.

Regards,

Abhijeet