Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Authorisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have got a requirement where i need to restrict purchase order display by Vendor number. Is there any authorisation object to restrict PO's by vendor number?

Your answers are much appreciated.

Regards,

Sandhya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you aware of the implications of having an authorization per vendor number instead of grouping vendors (the authorization group concept)?

I would go for a grouping concept, unless you only have about 20 vendors - in which case you could also use a group per vendor approach to save yourself from making modifications...

You can also use the authorization group concept to protect only certain vendor accounts - actually, that is how the standard concept works...

Cheers,

Julius

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sandhya,

There is no standard feature avalaible for this. restriciting by vendor number id a bit out of the box but incase you really want it you may consider z authorization objects for this.

Best Wishes,

CP

0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

Thanks for your reply. I am considering creating custom auth object for this, but i am unable to find the authortiy-check command for the program attached in ME21n, ME22n, ME23n. After creating custom object to add the object for authority -check, i need to find in which program it is.

In SU24 thare are four auth object which are check maintained, but how to find them in which program they are checked.

Could you please help me with this,

Regards,

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

First of all i agree with Julius that using authorization group would be much better. Using numbers is rather unheard off...

If you really want you need to get some one in ABAP to find out all the user exits for you for me23n and you will need one that can be used for your requirment i.e. you would need one which can be used even before me23n opens up...

Best Wishes,

CP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you aware of the implications of having an authorization per vendor number instead of grouping vendors (the authorization group concept)?

I would go for a grouping concept, unless you only have about 20 vendors - in which case you could also use a group per vendor approach to save yourself from making modifications...

You can also use the authorization group concept to protect only certain vendor accounts - actually, that is how the standard concept works...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

Could you give me some additional information regarding this. Does this vendor grouping concept work for my requirement.

Under ME23n, me21n, me22n there is no authorisation object for vendor groups.

Could you please provide some additional information for this.

Regards,

Sandhya

0 Kudos

Hello All,

Even I am looking for this information of how to get authorization groups working for ME22N. Can you please post the steps invloved. Thanks much for your help.

Regards.