cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML, JavaScript, Applets possible in Web-Dynpro Applications?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

I'm developing a JEE5-Application using Web-Dynpro for the User-Interface. Web-Dynpro works fine for the most functions and processes of the application. But there are some special requirements i don't know to implement them using Web-Dynpro.

So my question is, if there is the possibility for:

• using HTML-Code in a Web-Dynpro UI-App (the HTML dynamically generated by Web-Dynpro)

• using JavaScript in the Web-Dynpro UI-App

• using Java-Applets (for example to interact if local computer resources)

• using an HTML-Editor for editing Texts in the Application (for example freeware Edtior fckeditor)

or do i have to use JSF in that case?

regards

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I will answer your question point wise, in short:

1) Using HTML-Code in a Web-Dynpro UI-App (the HTML dynamically generated by Web-Dynpro)

Ans: it is possible to put the HTML code in the WebDynpro UI App. Use the IFrame Ui element to do the same. See this:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/e9/7652a84fada444bd11ca73670ce7dc/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/15/c07941601b1d09e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

2) Using JavaScript in the Web-Dynpro UI-App

Ans: Not Possible.

3) Using Java-Applets (for example to interact if local computer resources)

Ans: Not Possible.

4) Using an HTML-Editor for editing Texts in the Application (for example freeware Edtior fckeditor)

Ans: Not possible.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Pravesh

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

since I'm on NW CE 7.1 SP5 and EhP1 ist noch yet generally available and iframes seem no longer to be available, i think i have to use JSP/JFACE for this purpose.

thx so far.

regards

matthias hayk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

you can use the IFrame UI element dynamically in SP5 and EHP1.

kind regards

Stefanie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

using HTML-Code in a Web-Dynpro UI-App (the HTML dynamically generated by Web-Dynpro)

using JavaScript in the Web-Dynpro UI-App

using Java-Applets (for example to interact if local computer resources)

using an HTML-Editor for editing Texts in the Application (for example freeware Edtior fckeditor)

For all the above requirements you should use either JSP or JSF.

Using resume/suspend plugs in webdynpro you can navigate between your existing webdynpro screens and JSP pages.

If you are using CE EHP1 you can acheive some of the requirements using Islands.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find my comments.

1)using HTML-Code in a Web-Dynpro UI-App (the HTML dynamically generated by Web-Dynpro)

Not Possible

2)using JavaScript in the Web-Dynpro UI-App

Not Possible

3)using Java-Applets (for example to interact if local computer resources)

Not Possible

4)using an HTML-Editor for editing Texts in the Application (for example freeware Edtior fckeditor)

former_member185086
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Since the platform is J2EE so rather than using WebDynpro GUI , Use can use the HTMLB which fulfills your most of the requirement like

HTMLB is used in PDK programming.Usually we use HTMLB but instead we can use JSP's also. It's a simple scripting just similar to that of HTML.

HTMLB = HTML + JAVASCRIPT +CSS.

Hope it help u.

Best Regards

Satish Kumar