cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am going to work on a pipeline laying project , mainly activities involved are excavation , laying of pipeline , welding ,backfilling etc.material like cs pipes and welding rods are involved. As per terms at the end of project , we can do 80% of billing depending on certified measurement sheets which contains length of pipeline laid.Now for that wbs(execution) , I have ticked billing element operative indicator , have attached a milestone of 80% billing with fixed date. After this I am unable to proceed further , how can I do billing in PS ? As per some guess , I have to create client as customer in customer master than can anyone help by step by step solution. Biling format is just length laid * rate.Sales order is made for any material,how can I make SO for this format?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prabu_kaliappan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This scnerio is called Milestone billing.

Already lot of threads are there in the forum. Pls. chk it.

Regards

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabu sir,

Can u pls. help me by ref. me any one of those threads ?

Thanx in advance.

prabu_kaliappan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

90% configs is in SD. The Configs in SD are as follows,

1. Create Sales order type ( VOV8)

2. Define & Assign Item category detrmination (IMG-> SD->sales->sales document->sales document item-> Assign item category)

3. Define Billing Plan Type (OVBI)

4. Define date description (IMG-> SD->billing->Billing Plan->Define date description)

5. Maintain date category for billing plan type (OVBJ)

6. Assign date category (IMG->SD->Billing->Billing Plan-> Define & allocate date category)

7. Maintain date proposals for billing plan types (OVBM)

8. Assign billing plan to sales document type (OVBP)

9. Assign Billing plan types to item categories (OVBR)

In PS

1. Define Milestone Usage (IMG-> PS-> Structure->Milestone->Define milestone usage)

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Prabu

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After all the config Prabhu explained, do the following

Assign milestones to WBSE/ activities, based on your requirement/ scenario to respective.

In Sales order (Go to VA02, open PO, go to billing plan tab, copy all milestones).

Billing will be blocked against each milestone till that milestone is confirmed in project.

Hope it helps you.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can refer the following link to get the idea, how billing is processed (Milestone)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/51/5828e4a44c11d189bf0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The billing can be a proforma invoice type to be raised to the customer. This type of billing can be mapped with milestone billing process.

Add a milestone to an activity which says 80% works completion. Now copy the milestone in SD thru billing plan. All the milestone wil be copied there. Once the activity is set as confirmed then billing block will be removed automatically and the billing can be done

Uddhab