cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Office Master - Country, Region and Time Zone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In one of the Project, for some config-settings, I need to create Sales Offices. Here, Sales Offices is basically the Countries, to which business is happening.

For example,

Jordan

Mexico

Colombia

etc...

Now, while maintaining Sales Office records, System prompts for Sales Office Address. Initally, i maintained Country as per the Sales Office, for example:

For Sales Office Nepal, Country Nepal

For Sales Office Mexico, Country Mexico

etc...

Now, when i checked previously maintained entries in to System, I found that:

For Sales Office New Hampshire, Country India

For Sales Office California, Country India

etc...

When, I inquired about the same to concern Persons, within particular Organization, they are unable to explain, as these entries are maintained by Previous Implementation-Partner.

Can anyone explain, what entry needs to be maintained as Address - Country, Region and Time Zone, for International Offices? Is there particular logic for the same?

Best Reagrds,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

whatever we give country in address data for sales offices that only system takes and should take. i hope at the time of maintaining addresses there might be wrong entry of countries. please check and if possible try to chagne, why system taken as india for american province. is it entry wrong or syster determining evenafter entering corrent country from other entries influence. plz check and revery back

regards,

sk

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Didn't find any consequenses, due to maintaonong Country as India, for Sales office, say nepal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for the Support, provided.

Let me explain, my scenario, in detail.

I am maintaining Profit Center, in Sales Order, based upon Substitution Rule.

For that, I have to maintain Profit Center, based upon Sales Area and Sales Office combination.

suppose, If my combination is:

1. if Sales Area is 10100107 and Sales Office is Colombia, then Profit center would be X

2. if Sales Area is 10100107 and Sales Office is Mongolia, then Profit center would be Y

Now, Important aspect is all Sales Organizations are maintained under Company Code ABC; and Company ABC is maintained under Country INDIA. Whereas, Sales Offices are both, Domestic, as well as International.

My queries are:

1. What effect has gone be made, if Sales Org is maintained under India and Sales Office, under some other country, in Sales Order?

2. Also, based upon Sales Office, System must pick the Transaction Currency, in Sales Order?

Best Regards,

Amit

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

Eventhough i dont have the practical knowledge of this issue according to my under standings if you read the documentation of img-enterprise structure-SD---maintain sales office

It lists out a lof of points on sales office and it says a sales office should have an address (Logically correct also)

In assignment also we are linking sales office to Sales area only

Nowhere there are some specificities mentioned how to maintain the address of the sales office

What i mean is it is a text field

For an address in US you can give the country as INDIA and vice versa too (this is what has been done in your case) The system is not going to check anything

What i understand and persume it to be you can fill anything in the addess and there is going to be no check

Like you i will also wait for other friends comments on this

Regards

Raja