cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying condition in any element in smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, I have devloped a smartform for a invoice. all i want to do is to show diffrent 'text' in same position for different customers. In condition tab for the text i am able to give only one customer as it wont apply for or condition. wat can i do if i want to divide 2 'text' elements in the form for a group of customers.

Say i have 25 customers and i want text1 in 7 customers and text2 for rest of the customers....how can i apply ant condition in smartform with out disturbing the rest of the form.

Thank u.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way of doing this is by creating a Z-Table and maintain the customers and the text name you want to print for that customer.

Read this table in the smartform and set a variable according to the text. Now you can check the variable in the condition tab of the text, if it is true it will print.

This is the best way to do it without disturbing the existing form.

Also it has a feasibility of adding new customer any time in the table without even touching the form.

Hope this proves helpful to you.

Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is an OR condition possible in the condition tab. it's icon is next to the check-icon. go to the next new line and push the button.

just name the customers in one text-node with the OR and add another text-node with the others customers.

Edited by: G. Bouman on Mar 16, 2009 9:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There should be some criteria for displaying a particular text for a set of customers and other text for the rest of the customers.

Hence, identify the criteria and then apply the same as the condition to display.

In my earlier reply customer group level restriction was just an example.

If in case there is no such criteria then you need to apply conditions with the individual customers to the text elements.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create as many text as many conditions u have and write the condition at tab 'CONDITION' of that text element.

Ex : Field name : w_kunnr = '0000023897'.

then if that customer number matches then only that text element will get displayed.

Hope this will solve u r problem.

Thanks & Reagrds,

Rock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then apply customer group as the condition for the different texts.

However, you need to create another text element for the other text to be displayed for the rest of the customers with different customer group.

Use alternatives.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Simplify yourself by writing program lines based on if-else conditions followed by the text.

You got it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu, can u elabrate on ur sloution?? forgot to tell u i am looking for a solution in which even if they add customers to any of the group then it shouldnt be any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i dont wana disturb the existing drive program.... i want to include all posbilities in the form i devloped...this form is replaces into the same program with the existing script. even if i hard code with if n if condition wat if they want to add some more customers???

Can u plz explani customer group???