cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to insert Adobe Form Data in the SAP backend?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am very new to Adobe Forms. I am supposed to come up with a working scenario of inserting few form fields into the SAP backend. Is this done through a BAPI call? Or is there any other way for this to achieve?

I have downloaded trial version of Adobe LifeCycle Designer. But I don't know how to integrate this with the SAP system. Is there anything else that I need to install in my system?

Is there a document on how to configure all the installations for both local machine and the server (if any)?

Please help.....

[I went through the forum for this, but I did not get anything]

Warm regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in the livecycle designer under libary tab u have webdynpro tab--->choose submit to sap button and place it in the adobe form ur designing. u can use this button to trigger the code that u have written in webdynpro java.

for eg if u have

a value node details

and under that two value attr fname,lname

import the model (Insertdata---it has two import param fname and lname)u need for updating the data to r3 system.

in the ctrller have a method submit.Here write the code to insert fname and lname into the db.

IPrivateMyForm.IDetailsElement elem = wdContext.nodeDetails().currentDetailsElement();

Insertdata_Input input = new Insertdata_Input();

wdContext.nodeInsertdata_Input().bind(input);

input.setFname(elem.getFname());

input.setLname(elem.getLname());

try

{

wdContext.currentInsertdata_InputElement().modelObject().execute();

wdContext.nodeOutput().invalidate();

}

catch (Exception ex)

{ ex.printStackTrace();}

ul bind details to the datasource.

when u edit ur interactive ui element these attr(fname and lname) vl be visible under dataview tab u can drag and drop them to the form

now add submit to sap button in ur form.

this button correspond to the onactionSubmit dat u have written in the ctrller.

so wen u click this the data vl be inserted

Regards

Jay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Start with this : https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/adobe

For ALD, you don't need a "trial", just install the official one : [962763 Adobe LiveCycle Designer 7.1 Installation|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/962763] (maybe look for more recent release)

Please explain your context (abap, java, webdynpro, offline, online, etc.)

Thx