cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify the data in main view based on input in popup window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm creating WD application. I have defined two views(V1 and V2) and two windows(W1 and W2).

Window 2 is a popup window. When users will select particular row in View-V1 and click on button,I'm displaying Window 2 as a popup. Now based on value selected in Window 2 I need to modify the

Window1 and close the popup window.

I'm fcing problem regarding how to modify the data back in window 1 based on window 2 selection.

Please let me know how can I achive this.

Thanks

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member402443
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Regarding your problem, you want to modify window1 based on value selected in Window 2 and close the popup window.

There is a method in the view called WDDOAFTERREACTION.

When you are selecting some values in the pop up window then stores them in the context nodes and call the close popup winodw method.

After this write your logic in the WDDOAFTERREACTION method for modifying the values of window1.

Hopes this will helps you.

Regard

Manoj Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is resolved.

arjun_thakur
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Try this method as well:

- Map the node (which contains the data for the view 1) to the pop up view.

- According to the data selected in pop up view, just change the view of the attributes of view1. This will logic you can write in the WDDOAFTERREACTION method

- when you'll close the pop up window, the changes will be automatically displayed on view1.

I hope it helps.

Regards

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj/Arjun,

I have defined my own OK button on popup window(Window 2). When I click on this OK button in the method "onactionok" I have written code to read the selected value from popup window and to close the same window. Could you please tell me in this method how do I read and modify the row selected in the view 1 or window 1.

Thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys. I have found the solution.

Regards,

Vikram