cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI ALERT CONFIGURATION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario, were their can be failure that can happen in sender CC due to the inconsistent a mandatory field doesnot contain any value or due to mapping exeception etc. How do I raise an alert, during this case.

I had already confirgured for alerts using the blog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

I have done all the configuration in SAPGUI and then created a new alert rule for the defined user and also found that my alert category created in SAP GUI also exists in category list mentioned at the bottom. But still I am not getting any of the alerts even when the scenario fails in Sender CC or in the mapping program in SXMB_MONI. What could be the problem.

Do I need to specify the software component or any other configuration details in the alert rule created.

Please let know how could i debug this,

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nithidham,

Chk if your rule is active..

also chk if you have specified correct details in the rule like sender , receiver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya

Try this.. In your ALRTCATDEF, create a new alert category and if you want an email notification to be send to you; add your SAP ID in the "Fixed Recipient" List and save it. (Make sure that you have your email id associated with your SAP user ID; check that in the SU01 transaction). You can slo give some dummy longtext in the alert.

Now go to your RWB and select your alert category. Create/New Rule. There will be options for both adapter and Integration engine level. First try with Adapter engine level; give the adapter type(file,soap etc). Now give the sender interface and namespace as per what you have configured. Set the rest as "*". Now: click on "ADD RULE" tab.

Now go to your CC and give the password or username (if you have specified it) wrongly. Else submit an empty test file.

Try with a test message now.

Check in ALRTDISP and also Alert tab in RWB. Let me know whether you got any alerts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Could you please let me know what role should i assign to the user?

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithya

Try this.. In your ALRTCATDEF, create a new alert category and if you want an email notification to be send to you; add your SAP ID in the "Fixed Recipient" List and save it. (Make sure that you have your email id associated with your SAP user ID; check that in the SU01 transaction). You can slo give some dummy longtext in the alert.

Now go to your RWB and select your alert category. Create/New Rule. There will be options for both adapter and Integration engine level. First try with Adapter engine level; give the adapter type(file,soap etc). Now give the sender interface and namespace as per what you have configured. Set the rest as "*". Now: click on "ADD RULE" tab.

Now go to your CC and give the password or username (if you have specified it) wrongly. Else submit an empty test file.

Try with a test message now.

Check in ALRTDISP and also Alert tab in RWB. Let me know whether you got any alerts...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiyanandam,

Have you verify whether the error can be reported as an alert according to your defined alert rule and category? In case any XML message found in error status, run report SXMSALERT_LOGREADER to verify if the log has something like:

*Error records received from IE on host ?????? (sysid: ???client: 100 ). Try to send Alert...

*Find rule for (From::?????:YYYYYYYYYYY:urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions To::ZZZZZZZZ

*Call SALRT_CREATE_API(From::?????:YYYYYYYYYYY:urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions To::ZZZZZZZZ

Alert created:<AlertId:00099><RuleName:Testing Rule><AlertCategory:Testing Category>

If there is no alert created, you need to review your alert rule and category. If alert is created, check the definition of alert recipient.

Regards,

Donald

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

After Alert configuration, have you subscribed the alert categories from RWB for your ID.

It is required after step 6 in link you are using.

RWB-->Alert Inbox --> Subscription (see Right side corner) --> Subscribe the Alert category

You can even troubleshoot the problem as per the guidelines given in blog by Michal

[XI: Alerts - Troubleshooting guide|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2327] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your input, I haven't done any subscription.

But now when I click on the subscription link, I am getting the following error message

Business Server Page (BSP) error

What happened?

Calling the BSP page was terminated due to an error.

SAP Note

The following error text was processed in the system:

BSP exception: Application sap/alertsubscription cannot be started. Create an application node using Transaction SICF.

Error type:

Your SAP Business Server Pages Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your BSP application seems to be locked.

Run report BSP_UNLOCK_LONG_APP and mention the BSP application which you need to unlock , ALERTPERSONALIZE_RULES and ALERTSUBSCRIPTION.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks..

I have unlocked those pages and its opening now, I am able to see the personalization page and do the settings, But subscription page shows a table with empty rows and I am not able to add any further users, when i click on subscribe nothing is coming up.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The subscription page is empty, it means you have not defined the alert category properly.

Check --> RWB --> ALERT configuration --> See if you are able to see any defined category over there.

If not, then please review the alert configuration steps you had followed as per the blog or How to configure Alert document.

PS Note :

With this facility you can subscribe the alert category only for that user. For each individual user it need to do individually.

thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swarup,

I am able to see the alert category name in RWB, which I have specified in ALRTCATDEF and also defined an alert rule for the user name which I have specified as the fixed recipient. I have specified only one user, i.e the user from which I am trying to login to XI or do i need to subscribe with a seperate user.

Is that right, or do i need to do anything else.

I have done all the steps mentioned in the blog, do I need to check anything else for not getting the subscription

Also I check in TCODE ALRTCATDEF, were if we follow the link goto-->Subscription_Authorization is empty do I need to specify any here.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Mar 16, 2009 7:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide some inputs.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Yes, you must add Subscription Authorizations in ALRTCATDEF. You need to add the Authorization Roles for the User group. it will allow you the permission to see the particular alert category in the subscription in alert inbox.

You have not maintained the Subscription Authorization, thus you are not able to see it in alert inbox.

Also once you setup the authorization run report RSALERTTEST to test your configuration.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Could you please let me know what role should i assign to the user?

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may give any role that is available on your user ID.

It should also work with fixed recepient, I would suggest you to test the alert report RSALERTTEST and see whats porblem.

Thanks

Swarup

Edited by: Swarup Sawant on Mar 16, 2009 10:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Swarup,

It executes successfully and shows that

Alerts: Trigger Alerts 1

ID of Alert Created: DE121DC1214BE8F19030000E0C437D95

Then wat could be the problem

Could i provide the roles in subscription authorization as SAP_ALM_ADMINISTRATOR, SAP_ALM_CUSTOMIZER, SAP_BC_ALM_ADMIN etc. Should it be anyother specific role. Because these roles are already assigned to the user in SU01.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use any role, but provided it should be assigned to the user ID. Thus all user IDs who will have this role will be able to see alert category in the subcription column.

This way you may maintain the User Group.

In alert inbox you need to check the error details. It depends on the text you have formatted while creating the alert category.

Refer michal's blog and use various system variables to format the error message.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

Thanks for your help.

I have finally configured the roles to the user and I could see the subscription for the alert category.

But still I am not getting any alerts to my inbox.

I executed a scenario where I gave a wrong xml tag name and sender channel throws an error message

Error: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Application:EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE:

and the same is seen in sxmb_moni as well but still i m not getting any alerts to my inbox.

Also note that I have not specified any particular scenario name in the alert rule definition in RWB, i have provided "*" for all the rules like sender party, service, namespace etc...

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Edited by: Nithiyanandam A.U. on Mar 16, 2009 1:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Nithya,

Have you given your or any respective XI Consultant's User ID in the FIXED RECEIPIENTS present in your Alert Category.

1: While configuring the Alert Category in the ALert Configuration you need to give SAP ID's in the Fixed Receipients first then you may able to view the alerts in the RWB-->Alert Inbox.

2: Suppose if you want to receive those alerts to your mail:: then ask your basis people to link your SAP ID with mail or official mail that you want to receive the alert to your SAP ID so that you can directly reveive the XI ALerts succesfully.

3: Also you can throw alerts through BPM Control Step by keeping it in switch step.

Regards::

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

1: While configuring the Alert Category in the ALert Configuration you need to give SAP ID's in the Fixed Receipients first then you may able to view the alerts in the RWB-->Alert Inbox.

Yes, while configuring the alert category I have provided my sap xi (sapgui) login id in fixed receipient and also in SU01 I have provided a an EMail address for this SAP ID.

Even then I should get an alert whenever an error occurs in alert inbox right, but I am not getting in Email or in alert Inbox. What could be the problem.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

nageshwar_reddy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of points to note:

1. Please check whether your Alert Rule is Active. Sometimes IE Security settings would cause problems. If so tweak the IE security settings and activate the alert rule

2. Do you see any core dumps in PI system. Go to ST22 and check if you have any RFC_NO_AUTHORITY run time error dumps. If so you have to fix the authorization issue. Basis/NW Admin should help you with this.

3. Look at the log using SLG1. In this transaction select ALERT as the object. Look at the errors if there any. If its related to DNS_SREQ, then it is related to SCOT settings. Ask Basis to maintain default domain in SCOT settings.

Let me know if these points help you to troubleshoot your problem.

Edited by: Nageshwar Reddy on Mar 17, 2009 6:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI! Nithya,

I thought some issue is there with your N&S or Basis people. See even I faced some similar type of issue in my company.

Previously when I am practicing Mail Scenario and also configuring Alerts in the intial stages even though I configured correctly I am unable to send any mails later on when I contact my basis people regarding smtp url for mail scenario and also to link my company mail to the SAP GUI ID they told that

• Sorry the N&S people doesn't allowing to communicate PI Servers with official Mail server

directly hence you cant get mails through mail adapter and also we need some apprrovals to

link your SAP GUI ID with company mail so that N&S people will enable the firewall settings "

I think Also Basis people needs to provide some suffcient authorizations to retrieve mail to ur SAP GUI ID. Also check by giving SAP_ALL or super user. since I am not from basis background I am not sure about the exact roles.

Amar Srinivas Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got an error message in the alert inbox, but if I am triggering the same error message again I am not getting any alert message.

I have already enabled the check box for rule active and Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule. Should I disable this "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" so as to get multiple alerts for the same message.

Also I have not specified any particular interface name, party or service details I have mentioned it as "*" only, which means I want to receive all the error message in the scenarios executed. Wil this work or not.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Nithya,

I got an error message in the alert inbox, but if I am triggering the same error message again I am not getting any alert message.

It implies that you want multiple alerts for multiple error messages right.

then you should not Suppress the Multiple Alerts check box u should remove that check and try once again...For this multiple Alerts check these below blogs.

In these both blogs bottom u can see these discussions.

[]

[].

Authorizations and Alerts::

SAPconnect::

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/d925bf4b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

HTTP Configuration Guide::

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2b/d925bf4b8a11d1894c0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Authorization Concept:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/74/03b140ade49c2ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Alert Notification Step-by-Step

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

ALert Inbox::

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/49/cbfb40f17af66fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

XI: Alerts - Troubleshooting guide::

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--troubleshooting-guide

Amar Srinivas Eli