Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User not able to receive an emaik from SAP to Outlook.

Former Member
0 Kudos

User is not able to receive an email from SAP to Outlook.In SCOT the configuration to receive email has been set up and all other users are able to receive the emails except one user. Even the email address of the user is correctly entered in the user master record. What is the authorization required to be setup for this user from security perspective ?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the Junk email for the user?

0 Kudos

Already checked the Junk email of the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

Generally this kind of authorizations are given in standard user roles. please check the user has standard user role. If not try assigning the one sap_bc_standard_user and check.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Gowri,

Standard Authorizations are already assigned to the user.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried sending a manual e-mail to the user from the outbox (so02)? if not, please send one and check whether the user receives or not. The user's spam settings as well might have a restriction. Please make sure he can receive mails from every one.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>What is the authorization required to be setup for this user from security perspective ?

> Thanks.

I doubt if you need to provide user with any specific authorization, as i am sure the email is being sent by a background user probably wf-batch or some other user.

sandi_ward2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Just a question of clarification, are you using autoforwarding, set up via SO36?

Thanks Sandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

SO16

Go to the last tab "Mail Sy. Grp" and select "Send to Home Addresses of Users"

Former Member
0 Kudos

End user don't need authorization to receive mails.

Just copy email id of that user from SU01D and send test mail from your outlook. This will make sure that email is correct.

Please check this and let me know.

Regards,

Surpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have configured the SMTP server in our system to send out mails, but we donot know the configurations for receiving mails. [ We are not using SAP exchange connector (is it needed?) ]

I have read the note 455140 and 54617.

But i am stuck on , What are the configurations to be done on the MS Exchange Server 2003 for redirecting the mails received in the inbox of a particular user to the SAP system.

The note says it has to be configured to redirect mail to <hostname>: <port> But where exactly do we define the routing rules.

If anyone has a detailed document on what are the configurations involed in receiving mails, Please send it.