cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED Dump in Production BW 3.5 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Gurus,

In our production BW 3.5 system we are getting dump in ST22.

The dump is TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

Please let me know what could be the reason for this dump and why we are getting it.

I tried searching in service market place and there we can find lot of things related to this dump.But not sure which one is specificaly related to this dump.

Our system details are as follows

BW 3.5

Solaris OS

Oracle Database.

Please help me in resolving this dump.

Regards,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anil,

what is the frequency of these dumps.

If the dump once in a while,you can simply ignore it

If frequency is more....you will need to reasrch a bit before increasing the paging memory as suggested previously

Just check what program is causing the dump,is it SAP standard program or a z program created by your developers.

If it is a SAP standard program just search on market place and look if any new version of the program exists which is tuned better and which consumes less memory

If it is a z program ask your developer to tune the program(this can be a highly cause of this dump as programs created usually consume a lot of memory due to which this dump occurs)

If none of these help,go for increase in the paging memory as previusly suggested

Rohit

former_member603052
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

You get this dump when your Paging memory gets exhausted or any program goes into infinite loop(discuss with ABAPer if this is the case)

Also check SAP notes 794257, 700549.

Regards,

Kalyan