cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recalculation of quantity in free goods for return order wrf to invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I want to recalculate quantity of free goods category in a return order created with reference to an invoice, if the quantity in the High Level Item Category has changed.

For example, a customer bought 100 boxes of product "A " and received 10 of these for free. Then he wants to return 60 boxes. When I create a return order with reference to the invoice and change these quantity from 100 to 60, free goods item category still shows 10 boxes instead of 6.

Recalculation must be take place acording to the pricing date determination in order to apply free goods in a valid date.

Customized features reviewing:

1. There's not Item Category Proposal for Target Sales Doc type of the Return order, but item category of source bill type has one an is set to Pricing Type "D".

2. High Level Item category of free goods category is relevant for billing and is set to M "Delivery - related invoices-no zero qtys (in main bath items)"

3. Free goods category assigment has NORM as item Category Group, FREE ussage, High Level Item category is determinated for return order document type and Item category by default is the free goods category.

I will appreciate your support to solve this issue.

Best Regards,

Andrea Figueroa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

if u sold a scheme like 10010 and customer returned 60 then why u expect system to update the first sales order of 10010. system takes 60+6 in return order (if we maintain proper copy controls and item category determination entries) which means the first has been updated indirectly taking frees back from tthe customer to the extent of returned qty. is it not?

plz revert back

regards,

sk

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We discovered that free goods is recalculate if you save your return order first anf then modify quantities.

Thank you for your help,

Andrea Figueroa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

My Discount Type of Free Goods determination is set to:

Calculation Rule: "2 - Unit reference"

Free Goods Category: "1 - Inclusive rebate (with item generation)"

Free Goods delivery control: "C - Delivery of main item is part. delivered, only with main item"

However, whatever the calculation rule is, if I change the quantity in the main item, subitem does not work.

I read about SAP Note 573598 that describes perfectly my problem, but is valid in 4.6 to 4.7 version and I have ERP version.

Thank for your help,

Andrea Figueroa

former_member206215
Participant
0 Kudos

There are two item catagories

Main Item price ERLA TAQ AND TAE

SUB ITEM PRICE LUMF TAP AND TAN

AS YOU HAVE GIVEN 10 BOXES FREE ON PURCHASE OF 100 BOXES SO YOU HAVE GIVEN A DISCOUNT OR SCHEME OF 10% SO WHEN CUSTOMER RETURNS 60 BOXES TO YOU SO YOU HAVE TO REDUCE 10 PERCENT OF PHYSICAL STOCK AND YOU HAVE TO TAKE IN RETURN ONLY 54 BOXES AND YOU HAVE TO DEDUCT OR ASSIGN CREDIT NOTE TO THE CONCERN. PROVIED THAT WHETHER YOU HAVE APPLIED NET RATE OR GIVE PERCENT SCHEME AS YOU HAVE NOT MENTIONED. SO YOU HAVE TO SEE PARAMETER LIKE

SALE DOC TYPE

ITEM CATEGORY

COPY FROM

COPY TO DOCUMENT BOTH TYPE

BILLING TYPE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in VBN2 which is Change Free goods condition records.Here check in the field "Cal"-Which is calcuation type for free goods.There are 3 options to maintain prorata,unit reference,whole units.In your case if you maintain prorata it will consider correctly.For example for 100 quantity 10 is free then in pro rata basis if order qty is 100 free goods is 10 ,if 60 free goods is 6

Regards,

Hari Challa.