cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message "No logical port exists to call web services" installing SM7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use SLM to download a service stack. However, the option is not available in step 2.5. There is an error message "No logical port exists to call web services". I have performed the Wizard install, but the Wizard seems to have left out this step. I have looked around for documentation on how to configure the port, but cannot find anything more useful than comments to the effect that I should configure the port.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the problem, I think, although I am now on to the next problem. "Web Services for software lifecycle manager not available'.

The documentation is lacking. When the RFC connection is set up, the user id is j2ee_admin, using the install password. This is not specified anywhere in the install instructions that I could find, there is only a reference to a 'user id and password'.

The LPCONFIG is used to create a logical port, that ties the RFC to the LP. However, no name is specified that is to be used for the LP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Stephen

we have a problem in maintenance optimizer transaccion, when we try to download the SP (before we could download files and approve it) the message

"Web Services for software lifecycle manager not available'.

and start download button is disable

Thanks

Hernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you know the client proxy name you can use the transaction SOAMANAGER (or LPCONFIG, but this one is obsolete ).

Best regards,

Thierry